Made with crescent roll dough, these Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars are easy and quick to make. You’ll love the layers of cinnamon sugar and sweet cream cheese.
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars are loosely based off of Spanish sopaipillas – round, flat pieces of fried dough. Sopaipillas can be sweet or savory and the toppings vary by region. In Peru, they sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. That’s where this recipe comes from. You will love how easy it is to make this delicious dessert! Plus, when I was shopping for the ingredients to make Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars, I found a crescent roll dough that wasn’t perforated. That made it even easier because usually I have to squish the edges together. So, if you find that dough in your grocery store, get that instead of the perforated dough.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is our step-by-step guide to making Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars.
- First you want to preheat the oven to 350. Then line your ungreased 9×13 pan with the first tube of crescent roll dough. (See how nice that looks when it comes in one piece?)
- Then, in a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese layer over the first crescent roll layer. Make sure to push it all the way to the edges.
- Then, place the second sheet of crescent roll dough over the cream cheese layer. Again, make sure it goes all the way out to the edges.
- Now for the top – the part that is most like a sopapilla. Melt about 1/4 cup butter. Using a pastry brush, spread the butter over the top of the crescent roll dough. You probably won’t use the whole 1/4 cup of butter.
- Then mix up your cinnamon sugar and sprinkle it generously over the top. Pat it down into the butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, take the pan out of the oven and lightly drizzle some honey over the top (optional).
- Cool to room temperature, slice, and serve!
Other Desserts You Will Love
If you like these Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars, try some of our other favorite dessert bars!
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- German Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
How to Make Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Unroll and spread 1 can of crescent rolls on the bottom of an un-greased 9x13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread mixture over the crescent rolls in the pan.
- Unroll and spread the remaining crescent rolls over the cream cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread melted butter over the top of the crescent rolls (you probably won't use the whole 1/4 cup) and and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Optional: Lightly drizzle with honey.
- Cool to room temperature and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.