If you love the Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad, this is the place for The Complete Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad Recipe. See our easy recipes for each ingredient!
We LOVE Cafe Rio and Costa Vida. We have tried and tried to duplicate the Cafe Rio sweet pork salad.. and tonight.. we nailed it! It was DELICIOUS!! We have tried different sweet pork recipes but something seemed to be missing from each one.. so we combined a few and made our own! I promise, we are VERY VERY picky about our Cafe Rio sweet pork and this tasted EXACTLY like it. We also played around with the rice, the beans, and the ranch. At dinner tonight, we felt like we were having Cafe Rio take-out. However, we liked our recipe even BETTER!!! Don’t believe us? Try it out for yourself and you will see!
It really is easier than it looks. It only took me about an hour to make (after the pork was in the crock pot). The rice and beans are SUPER easy, you definitely want the beans and rice to get the whole experience! Also, be generous with the cilantro! Try it and let me know what you think! I KNOW you won’t be disappointed!!
Update: We have had some AMAZING feedback on this recipe! Thank you so much for making us the #1 Site for Cafe Rio recipes! If you have tried this recipe, please leave a comment below to tell us what you think!
To view ALL of our Cafe Rio Copycat Recipes click HERE!
- 6 large Tortillas click HERE
- Shredded cheese Mexican blend
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice & Black Beans click HERE
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork click HERE
- Lettuce NOT iceberg, use leafy green or Romaine
- Pico de Gallo click HERE
- Guacamole click HERE
- Sour cream
- Tortilla Strips click HERE
- Cotija cheese crumbled (or you can use Parmesan)
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch click HERE
- OR Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette click HERE
- First of all, we bought the aluminum deep-dish pans (they had these at the grocery store, you will know when you see them.. they look JUST like the Cafe Rio tins).
- Lay a tortilla in the bottom of the pan, sprinkle cheese on it, and put in the oven at 375 for about 5 min or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, add beans, rice, pork, then lettuce and a little scoop of diced tomato and onions (pico de gallo). Add guacamole (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and sour cream.
- Add crushed tortilla chips, a shake of Parmesan cheese (or Cotija cheese if you want to be more authentic), and top with a few cilantro leaves.
- Serve with the cilantro ranch or vinaigrette dressing and there you have it! (makes about 6 salads)
This post contains links to Amazon.com. Please note that Amazon prices tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice.