The Complete Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad Recipe, right at your fingertips! So easy to make at home, and tastes exactly like the popular restaurant version.
The Complete Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad Recipe
You asked, we answered. Thank you to all you die hard Cafe Rio or Costa Vida fans for making us the number one site for Cafe Rio copycat recipes! If you haven’t tried this easy recipe for the famous Sweet Pork Salad yet, you are in for a treat! We LOVE Cafe Rio and Costa Vida. And we’re very picky about our Cafe Rio sweet pork. This recipe tastes exactly like the restaurant version, but so easy because you can make it right at home! We also played around with the rice, the beans, and the house ranch dressing. Finally, we nailed it! This recipe tastes exactly like having Cafe Rio take-out. Try it for yourself and you will see what we mean!
Tips for the Complete Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad
- Don’t get scared off by all the ingredients; it’s actually easier than it looks to put this salad together. Start out with our version of Cafe Rio’s Sweet Pork and cook it in the crock pot. Right there, half your work is done!
- The rice and beans are SUPER simple too. You definitely want the beans and rice to get the whole experience!
- Also, be generous with the cilantro! Cilantro is fresh, vibrant, and so flavorful in this recipe. Try it and let me know what you think! I KNOW you won’t be disappointed. Follow the recipe instructions in the recipe card below, then assemble the salad as directed.
- This recipe makes a ton of food (about six large salads) so make sure to share with family and friends.
More Cafe Rio Recipes
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo)
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Sweet Pork Burrito
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Homemade Tortilla Strips
- The BEST Guacamole EVER
How to make Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad
Cafe Rio's Sweet Pork Salad Recipe
- 6 large Tortillas click HERE
- Shredded cheese Mexican blend
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice & Black Beans click HERE
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork click HERE
- Lettuce NOT iceberg, use leafy green or Romaine
- Pico de Gallo click HERE
- Guacamole click HERE
- Sour cream
- Tortilla Strips click HERE
- Cotija cheese crumbled (or you can use Parmesan)
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch click HERE
- OR Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette click HERE
Here is how we put it all together:
- First of all, we bought the aluminum deep-dish pans (they had these at the grocery store, you will know when you see them -they look just like the Cafe Rio tins).
- Lay a tortilla in the bottom of the pan, sprinkle cheese on it, and put in the oven at 375 for about 5 min or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, add beans, rice, pork, then lettuce and a little scoop of diced tomato and onions (pico de gallo). Add guacamole (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and sour cream.
- Add crushed tortilla chips, a shake of Parmesan cheese (or Cotija cheese if you want to be more authentic), and top with a few cilantro leaves.
- Serve with the cilantro ranch or vinaigrette dressing and there you have it!
This post contains links to Amazon.com. Please note that Amazon prices tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice.