This Fresh Homemade Salsa is so good! With so many fresh ingredients and spices, this salsa is my favorite by a long shot!
This fresh homemade salsa is so flavorful! I have been trying out different ways to make homemade salsa for years and so far this one has been the best by a long shot. We keep tweaking and playing around with various spices and what not, but this one is hard to beat! We still, to this day, have not found a better recipe for fresh salsa.
Notice the little serving cup in the picture? Yeah, we had already eaten about 8 cups worth of salsa before this picture was taken and this little cup was all that was left by the time I got around to getting my camera out! Sorry. Usually I am better at whipping the camera out BEFORE we chow down- but this salsa was just too good to stop and think about anything else!
- 6-8 garden tomatoes peeled and diced (or 3 cans diced tomatoes)
- 1 can diced jalapenos use more or less depending on how spicy you like it. This amount makes it pretty spicy... I wouldn't use less than 1/2 can though. You definitely want the flavor it adds!
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 green onion diced
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT for the green onion in a food processor. Pulse the food processor a few times until everything looks diced, but not completely blended.
- Pour salsa into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the onion. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight to let flavors meld together.
- Serve with tortilla chips or with your favorite Mexican dishes!