We grilled up these pepper and garlic burgers the other night and served them with Cheesy Grilled Jalapenos. Jared went to a ‘guys night’ type thing and this is what they served at it. These burgers are delicious! Maybe guys night isn’t such a bad thing The picture I took above is before I put on the lettuce, onion and tomato. I wanted you to be able to see the melted cheese and avocado.
- 1 Lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 whole garlic, roasted (to roast garlic, cut top off garlic so you can see the cloves, place entire garlic on a big sheet of tin foil, drizzle some olive oil over it, wrap up tightly and bake in the oven at 400 degress for about 30-35 minutes)
- 1/2 c. cracked pepper corns (putting the peppercorns in a food processor works great)
- 1/4 c. kosher salt
- 1 c. shredded lettuce
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 1/4 c. onion, diced (optional)
- 4 slices tomato (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. mayo
- 1/4 c. stone ground mustard (we actually used dijon mustard and it tasted great!)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine honey, ground mustanrd and mayo in small bowl. Mix well into honey mustard. Cover and set aside.
- Combine the ground beef, roasted garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and ground mustard in bowl. Use hands to mix ingredients and then divide into 4 equal parts and create patties. Combine cracked pepper corns and kosher salt and generously sprinkle on patties. Gill patties until done. Top with Havarti cheese and avocado. Dress bottom bun with honey mustard, lettuce, onions and tomatoes. Place finished patties onto bottom buns, place top bun on and serve!