I had to add one last favorite Holiday treat before December was over. This is a favorite recipe from my mother-in-law. These pumpkin rolls are so pretty and delicious. I especially love them dusted with lots of powdered sugar! Next I need to figure out the recipe for the red-velvet roll. Maybe for Valentines Day .
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. pumpkin
- 2 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray two jelly roll pans with pam then line with wax paper. Dust two thin kitchen towels with powdered sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in small bowl then set aside.
- In a medium size bowl thoroughly beat together eggs and sugar, then beat in pumpkin. Mix in flour mixture then spread evenly into the two jelly roll pans.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Turn the cakes onto the powdered sugar towels and peel off the wax paper. Sprinkle the top with more powdered sugar then cover with plastic wrap and cool completely.
- When cool, remove plastic wrap. Spread cream cheese filling evenly over cakes, then roll up. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Makes two pumpkin rolls.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually beat in the powdered sugar.