This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Indulge in the essence of Autumn with our soft and chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. Enjoy sweet sugar and warm spice in every bite!
Featured with this recipe
When the leaves start to change and the air feels crisp, it is time to make Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies! Imagine biting into a soft, chewy cookie that blends the earthiness of pumpkin with warm spices, tender oats, and indulgent chocolate. Unlike cakey cookies, this cookie recipe will produce soft, chewy cookies with a little bit of crunch around the edges. You’re going to want to have a batch of these pumpkin cookies on hand all Autumn long!
Ingredients in Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter – the rich, creamy base of the cookies
- Pumpkin Puree – a symbol of Fall, pumpkin puree adds a velvety texture to these Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Brown Sugar – with its warmer, caramel notes, brown sugar is the perfect choice
- Egg – the egg helps to bind the dough, adding structure and moisture
- Vanilla Extract – vanilla adds a subtle sweetness that rounds out the flavor profile of these cookies
- Milk – milk creates a more tender crumb and a melt-in-your-mouth texture
- Quick Oats – quick oats are pre-cooked and rolled making them the perfect texture for cookies
- All-Purpose Flour – flour gives the cookie dough structure and stability
- Baking Soda – this recipes leavening agent
- Salt – just a pinch of salt balances the sweetness and lets all the flavors shine
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – the quintessential Fall blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice that creates the iconic “pumpkin spice”
- Chocolate Chips – I like to use semi-sweet but you can use milk, dark, or white chocolate chips or even butterscotch chips!
Tips for Baking
- For easy clean-up use parchment paper or silicone mats on top of the baking sheets
- For ultra-smooth mixing, allow the wet ingredients to come to room temperature before mixing and sift the dry ingredients before adding
- To make gluten-free cookies, substitute the flour for your favorite GF baking blend
- To create uniformly sized cookie dough balls, use a medium cookie scoop
- Add chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts
- If you just want the pumpkin spice flavor, but not the actual pumpkin flavor, replace the pumpkin puree with extra butter
Frequently Asked Questions about Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
No, you will get softer cookies if you don’t flatten them.
We like to use quick oats in this recipe because they produce a smoother texture.
Over-baking can lead to dry, crumbly cookies. They will look a little underdone when you first take them out of the oven but they will keep baking on the hot pan.
Read More: The BEST Pumpkin Dessert Recipes for Fall
More Pumpkin Treats
How to Make Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and milk. Mix together until creamy.
- Add quick oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls unto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Do not over-bake! The cookies will turn out crumbly.
Optional Cookie Add Ins
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.