This graham cracker crust is SO easy to do and tastes far better than the pie crusts that you can buy at the grocery store. This is a recipe that has been in our family for YEARS. It always turns out perfect! I use this for so many recipes… cheesecake, key lime pie, lemon cream pie, pudding pie, banana cream pie, coconut cream pie… it is my go-to every time. If you are making a chocolate pie, use chocolate graham crackers instead of the typical honey or cinnamon. This makes one 9″ pie crust (8″ works too).
- 1 package graham crackers (or 9 full graham crackers)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Place graham crackers in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Squeeze as much air out as you can and seal tightly. Using a rolling pin, smash the crackers and roll out until you have very fine crumbs.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine crumbs, sugar, and butter until all the crumbs are evenly moist.
- Press crumbs into pie plate.
- Bake for 7 minutes in preheated oven.
- Wait until crust cools before adding filling. If your recipe calls for an "unbaked" graham cracker crust, chill in the fridge for at least an hour before adding filling.