Elise was making these yummy chocolate chip monkey muffins when I stopped by her house and she gave me one to try. I immediately fell in love, and then fell even harder when I found out that they are made with coconut oil, very little sugar, and are so much better for you than regular muffins! They are still so moist and delicious and have so much flavor. Your little monkeys will love these!
|Chocolate Chip Monkey Muffins (made with coconut oil)|| |
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ⅓ c. milk
- ¼ c. coconut oil (microwave 20 seconds to soften)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1¾ c. flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- ½ c. coconut-finely chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat together the bananas, brown sugar, milk, coconut oil, egg, and almond extract. Then stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt- just until moistened. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and coconut.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake 14 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan immediately.