This is a great, light skillet pasta I came up with the other night when I wanted a pasta that was creamy but not heavy. This has no heavy cream, no butter, and only a minimal amount of oil… but TONS of flavor. When I made this pasta I actually used the Skinny Cow Creamy Swiss to cut even more calories but of course cream cheese is a little easier to come by. It turned out way better than I had hoped! You are going to love this. I don’t know if I will ever go back to alfredo again!
- vegetable oil, to taste
- 1 Lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Montreal chicken seasoning (to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1-2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 pkg. zesty Italian dry seasoning packet
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 oz. light cream cheese (or 4 wedges of skinny cow creamy Swiss)
- 1 Lb. pkg. spaghetti, prepared
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a large skillet. Cut chicken into pieces and add to oil. Sprinkle chicken with Montreal chicken seasoning, to taste.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel (or two) and add a little more oil to the skillet. When oil is hot again, add garlic, onion, peppers, and zucchini.
- Saute vegetables until they become bright and tender.
- Return chicken to skillet along with diced tomatoes. Stir in Italian seasonings, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for a minute or two.
- Add milk, Parmesan cheese, and cream cheese-- stir until cream cheese is completely melted and mixed in.
- Drain spaghetti and add to skillet. Toss until well combined. Serve immediately.