These Crock Pot Waikiki Meatballs are such a GREAT weeknight meal when you don’t have a lot of time but you want to make a meal the family is going to love. This recipe came from the Williams Family wayyyyyy back when our blog began. Since then I have made it dozens of times! They are super easy!
This recipe includes an actual recipe for meatballs if you want to make your own.. but the last few times I have made these I have bought the turkey meatballs at Costco and used those! I have also used the Italian meatballs from Costco and those taste great too (I just feel less guilty eating the turkey meatballs and my kids don’t even know the difference)! I just dump in the meatballs with the sauce (and veggies and pineapple) and dinner is DONE. It is one of those great fix-it and forget-it crock pot meals. Sometimes I like to saute the peppers to soften them up before adding them in, but you don’t have to– it just depends on whatever your family likes! Also, I doubled the sauce recipe on this because my family loves to eat the sauce over rice.. if you aren’t a big sauce fan, feel free to half the sauce part.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2/3 cup cracker crumbs
- (1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped)
- (1-2 tsp. red pepper flakes)
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 4 Tbs. Cornstarch
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 white vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, divided into juice and tidbits
- Mix meatball ingredients together and roll into meatballs. Brown and cook over medium heat in large skillet until cooked through (Or you can roll them and bake them in the oven at 425 for 13-14 minutes).
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cornstarch and brown sugar. Drain pineapple juice into brown sugar mixture with soy sauce, vinegar, and ketchup.
- Add meatballs, peppers, and pineapple tidbits to crock pot and pour sauce over.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice.