This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Blue Cheese Burger with Bacon takes regular hamburgers a whole new level. Crisp bacon, tangy blue cheese crumbles and a spicy sauce turns up the heat and flavor!
Blue Cheese Burger with Bacon
This Blue Cheese Burger with Bacon came about one summer night when we were grilling burgers outside. I found a bottle of Frank’s Hot Sauce in my fridge and a light went off in my head, so I whipped up a creamy, spicy blue cheese sauce to go over the burgers. Wow! They turned out so delicious. My husband said it was the best blue cheese burger he ever had. The bacon, blue cheese crumbles, and tangy dressing turned up the heat on our ordinary burger night and now we make them all the time!
Pack the Burger with Flavor
When making hamburger patties, you can really pack in lots of flavor before you even add any toppings.
- In a bowl, start with good ground beef or sirloin, and use at least 80/20 fat meat. The burgers will fall apart if your meat is too lean.
- Add a little bit of oatmeal. I know it sounds weird, but it’ll give the patties some depth and texture and you won’t even taste it.
- Add some minced garlic, salt and pepper, and onion soup mix to the mixture.
- Then crumble some tangy blue cheese into the meat.
- Add some Worcestershire sauce and that delicious Frank’s Hot Sauce to the bowl.
- Using your hands, mix all the ingredients until they’re just combined but don’t over mix! The meat can be tough if you stir or mix it too much.
- Form into patties and grill.
Creamy Buffalo Sauce
The magic topping to this burger is this creamy buffalo sauce. It’s so easy to make and is a perfect topping to a bacon burger. All you need are some blue cheese crumbles and Frank’s Hot Sauce. Stir in a sauce pan on the stove until the cheese melts and it’s heated through. Then drizzle over the burgers. It’ll knock your socks off!
Toppings for Blue Cheese Burgers
- Don’t forget the bacon! Crisp, savory bacon pairs perfectly with the flavorful beef patties and tangy sauce.
- Add all your favorite fixings: lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, etc.
- I like to add another slice of cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, Swiss) for even more flavor.
- Spread cool mayo on the bun for additional moisture.
What to Serve with a Blue Cheese Burger
Serve this burger with a simple side of potato chips and fruit, or any of these summertime salads and sides:
- Best Potato Salad Ever
- Loaded Potato Wedges
- Coleslaw with Roasted Red Pepper
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Mom’s Traditional Macaroni Salad
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs
Blue Cheese Burger with Bacon
- Combine hamburger ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with hands until just combined (you don’t want to over-do it). Cover and allow mixture to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Form the beef mixture into 4 patties and grill for appx. 4-6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches at least 155-degrees. Remove from the grill and allow the burgers to rest for about 5 minutes (this allows the beef to continue cooking and reach a temperature of about 160-degrees before eating).
- In the meantime, combine sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat until very warm (you don’t want it to be bubbling up). Stirring often.
- Serve burgers on buns with additional ingredients and a couple spoonfuls of creamy buffalo sauce.