This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies are a guaranteed hit for parties! These sweet and savory bites come together with just four ingredients. Make a bunch and watch them disappear!
Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies are definitely going to be on our Superbowl buffet spread this year. They’re so easy to make and only call for four simple ingredients so you can make a ton for all your friends and family. Every time I bring them to a gathering, people always beg for the recipe. And they’re shocked to find out how easy they are! Try them for yourself and you’ll never go back to plain lil smokies again.
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
Four simple ingredients. That’s all you need to create these savory yet sweet appetizers.
- First, you’ll need good quality bacon, or center cut bacon.
- Next, a package of savory Lil Smokies.
- Then head to your pantry for some rich, sweet brown sugar.
- Finally, a drizzle of maple syrup. Any brand you like will work.
Are Lil Smokies Already Cooked?
These bite-size cocktail sausages are fully cooked, but obviously taste much better when heated. They’ll heat through perfectly when baked in the oven wrapped in delicious bacon.
How Long to Bake Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
There are a couple of ways to cook these appetizers, but we love baking them in the oven. Why? Because the brown sugar and maple syrup caramelize over the bacon and create a sweet crust that complements the savory sausages and bacon to perfection. If you have a smoker, they’d be delicious prepared in that too. We like to transfer them from the oven to a crock pot to keep them nice and hot during serving time.
How Long do Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies Last in the Fridge?
Keep leftovers covered tightly in the refrigerator for up to four days. To reheat, just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds or toss back in the oven until warm.
Can you Make Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! These tasty treats take a bit of time to assemble, so it’s actually a great idea to make them a day or so before serving. Wrap them up and throw them in the freezer until the day of. To make them right from frozen, allow an extra five minutes or so of cook time. They’ll be perfectly crisp, sweet, savory and oh so scrumptious!
From chips and dips to drippy wings, we have dozens of delicious recipes to make your Superbowl gathering or any party the best ever! Here are a few of our very favorites:
- Strawberry Jalapeno Beef Polska Kielbasa Bites
- Easy Creamy Corn Dip
- The BEST Guacamole EVER
- Loaded Cheesy Potato Skins
- Slow Cooker BBQ Hot Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
Watch the video in the recipe card for a tutorial on how to make them. Our brother, Devin, is a pro and gives step by step instructions. Thanks Devin!
Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
- Conventional Oven
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap each Lil’ Smokie with a piece of bacon. *Note* If you are using regular bacon instead of the center-cut bacon, you may have to secure it with a toothpick.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the wrapped Lil Smokies on the lined cookie sheet and sprinkle generously with brown sugar.
- Drizzle a little maple syrup over all the smokies once they are covered in brown sugar.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the sugar is bubbly and brown.
- To serve, put all the wrapped smokies in a slow cooker on low and add a little more maple syrup. Stir well so each Smokie is coated with the sugary glaze.