This Sweet Chex Mix Recipe is SINFULLY delicious! Loaded with chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, and marshmallows, it’s a party favorite and so easy to make!
Sweet Chex Mix Recipe
We took this Sweet Chex Mix Recipe to a Super Bowl party recently and it was completely polished before half-time. It’s one of those treats that people take a little handful to start off with, then keep sneaking back for more because they can’t stay away.This would be a perfect little treat to package up and give as gifts for Valentine’s Day or Christmas, or any occasion really! If you like chocolatey, caramel-y, peanut buttery goodness.. this recipe is for you!
What is in a Sweet Chex Mix?
- Start with chocolate Chex cereal, or a combination of chocolate with wheat, rice, and corn.
- Then you’ll make a sweet caramel mixture to drizzle over the cereal. So yummy!
- Next, add in your favorite candy. I love little Almond Joy bites (like in this Almond Joy Chex Mix Recipe, mini Rolos, M&Ms, Cadbury Mini Eggs (for Easter), Reese’s Pieces, chopped Twix bars, anything you like!
- Finally, drizzle melted milk and white chocolate over the whole thing and let it cool. This snack is completely irresistible and fun to eat!
More Snack Recipes
Can’t get enough sweet and salty snacks? Try some of these for your next party, after school treat or movie night.
- Easy Crock Pot Peanut Clusters
- Best Chex Mix Recipe
- :Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Muddy Buddies
- Christmas Crunch
How to Make Sweet Chex Mix Recipe
Sweet Chex Mix Recipe
- 8 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups MINI size
- 1 cup MINIATURE marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits found by the chocolate chips in the baking aisle -- or chop up regular caramels
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup MILK chocolate baking chips add more if you are a chocolate lover like me
- 1/2 cup vanilla white chocolate baking chips
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Into large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces.
- Make sure Chex mixture is cool to the touch (so candy doesn't melt.) Evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cups candy and miniature marshmallows over Chex mixture.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel baking bits and cream uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over snack. Microwave the milk chocolate baking chips next, starting with 20-seconds and stirring, then at 20 second intervals until the mixture is completely smooth (microwave temps vary, so watch the chocolate and stir frequently until it's of drizzling consistency). Drizzle over the snack mixture. Then microwave the vanilla (white) baking chips in 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth, and drizzle that over the snack mixture. (Note: The vanilla and milk chocolate chips should not need cream added.) Quickly sprinkle coarse salt over all while candy drizzles are still wet.
- Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container.
Recipe adapted from Susan @ TableSpoon