This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Cinnamon Almonds roasting in the slow cooker is the perfect way to make your whole house smell like Christmas. The cinnamon and sugar coating gives the almonds a sweet crunch.
Featured with this Recipe
Cinnamon Almonds in the Crockpot
These slow cooker cinnamon almonds not only taste amazing, they smell amazing! The aroma of cinnamon and sugar permeates the kitchen as the almonds roast for several hours in the Crockpot. It reminds me of the yummy smell of roasted nuts at football games. The real deal smells so much better than any candle you can buy. We especially love making these around the Holiday season for the taste and smell of Christmas in the house.
These snacks were so easy to make, and a lot cheaper than the ones you buy at the game, but every bit as good! I got my almonds from the bulk section at Winco, which made them even more affordable.
Ingredients in Cinnamon Candied Almonds
For cinnamon almonds the simple ingredients divide into a cinnamon sugar mixture and an egg white mixture. The almonds are tossed in the egg white mixture before the cinnamon and sugar are added to help make the perfect candy coating.
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- kosher salt
- egg white
- vanilla extract
- plain raw almonds
Cinnamon Almonds Variations and Substitutions
For Christmas gifts, sometimes at the very end I add a little crushed candy cane. It makes them look more festive, and it was really yummy! However, it is totally optional if you are not a peppermint lover. If you do love peppermint, you can add a little peppermint extract to the mix instead of vanilla extract for a more minty flavor.
Feel free to substitute the almonds for cinnamon pecans, cashews, walnuts or hazelnuts. Both are really yummy! If cinnamon isn’t your thing, substitute the cinnamon for some caramel topping for a caramel flavored crunch. I also want to try adding coconut half way through the cooking process for some toasted coconut almonds. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Frequently Asked Questions
One serving of candied cinnamon almonds is about ¼ cup, which is about 300 calories.
Jordan Almonds have a thick candy coating. They date back to ancient Roman times as a popular treat at weddings.
At our house they are usually all gone within a day. But these almonds will stay good in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks or can be frozen for up to 2 months.
More Holiday Recipes
- Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
- See’s Fudge Recipe
- Homemade Almond Joys
- English Toffee
- Peppermint Bark
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Crockpot Peanut Clusters
- Snowball Cookies
More Almond Recipes
If you love these cinnamon almonds, then you definitely need to check out some of our other recipes with almonds.
- Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake- perfect for a Holiday breakfast or brunch.
- Homemade Almond Joys – like the candy bar, but better!
- Cranberry Almond Bacon Cheese Ball – this is one of my favorite Holiday appetizers.
- Raspberry Almond Fudge Ice Cream Cake – a rich and delicious dessert
How to Make Cinnamon Almonds in the Crockpot
Cinnamon Almonds in the Crockpot
- Crockpot Slow Cooker
- Prepare your crock pot by heating it on low while you prepare the almonds. Mix together sugars, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, with a hand mixer, mix together the egg white and vanilla until it is frothy.
- Put all the almonds in a large plastic bag or airtight container and pour in the vanilla/egg mixture. Seal and toss making sure the almonds are thoroughly coated. This will help the mixture stick to the almonds during the cooking process.
- Before adding anything, spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Then add the almonds from the plastic bag. Pour your cinnamon/sugar mix over the almonds and stir it around until it is coated well on the almonds. Be prepared for your house to smell amazing!
- You want to cook on low for about 3-4 hours. Mine took about 3. Stirring every 20 to 30 minutes. The mix around the almonds will be dry until the last step. When the almonds have cooked the desired amount of time, before removing from the slow cooker, add ¼ cup water and stir well. This will ensure a crunchy coating and help the sugars stick to the almonds and harden.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds onto the sheet to cool. The almonds should be pretty sticky so be sure to seperate them the best that you can. Allow almonds to cool completely before removing.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.