This Cranberry Coffee Cake is perfect for breakfast and brunch. Infused with cranberry and almond flavor then topped with a crumbly almond strudel.
Cranberry Coffee Cake
This Cranberry Coffee Cake is perfect for breakfast and brunch. I especially love this during the holidays. There is nothing quite like being snuggled up in a blanket when it’s snowing outside, drinking hot chocolate, and eating this cake. Winter goals.
What Makes This Cake So Great?
Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake is so much better than regular old coffee cake. It is perfectly moist (sorry, there just isn’t a better word) and infused with cranberry and almond flavor then topped off with a crumbly almond streusel topping. Definitely worth getting out of bed for. I mean, it’s cake that you can eat for breakfast! Do you have a favorite coffee cake? Leave us a comment below to share!
My husband had me make this cake for a brunch at his work and it got completely devoured. Even my husband, who is not a big cake fan, loves this coffee cake.
Best Breakfast Ideas
Having this delicious coffee cake for breakfast works so well for any occasion. But if you need to pair it with something, or you’re just looking to mix things up a bit, check out these other amazing breakfast ideas.
- Easy Breakfast Casserole is a show stopper when you’re feeding a crowd. Light yet filling, easy yet beautiful. Perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- Christmas Breakfast Quiche combines savory sausage and sweet cranberries into a delicious breakfast, or an appetizer for the holidays.
- Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits are a quick, healthy breakfast for busy mornings. Start your day off right!
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Croissant is a hearty, filling breakfast sandwich. Piled with all the favorite flavors of breakfast. It’s perfection!
How To Make Cranberry Coffee Cake
For The Batter:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a glass 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
For The Batter:
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs and sour cream. Add the baking powder and salt and mix a little more. Add the flour a little at a time until completely mixed in. Last, gently fold in the whole cranberries and almond extract.
For the Crumb Topping:
- Mix the sugar, flour, and butter with a pastry blender (or fork) until crumbly. Then stir in the almonds and almond extract.
- Spread the batter into the bottom of the 9x13 pan, the batter will be thick. Then sprinkle the crumb topping over everything. Bake for about 45 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool for before serving.
- 9x13 inch pan