This Cranberry Almond Bacon Cheese Ball is the perfect appetizer for the holidays. Festive colors and flavors make this a brilliant buffet centerpiece for any occasion!
Cranberry Almond Bacon Cheese Ball
This Bacon Cheese Ball, stuffed with cranberries and almonds is one of my favorite holiday appetizers. What is more festive than a creamy cheese ball at a holiday party? The red cranberries and green sprinkling from the cilantro really make this cheese ball stand out. Not only is it colorful, it is filled with flavors and textures that blend beautifully together. I love appetizers that are savory and sweet, and the cheese, smoky bacon, and roasted almonds are complemented perfectly by the slightly sweet and tart dried cranberry pieces. With all of this you get crunchy, chewy, and creamy in every bite!
What to Serve with a Cheese Ball
This Cranberry Almond Bacon Cheese Ball can be made ahead and will keep in the refrigerator for several days. Be sure to plan for the 3 hour refrigeration time so the cheese ball can set up and the flavors can blend before serving. While it chills, make a platter of baguette bread, pita chips, rye crackers, or just about any kind of cracker. It’s also delicious as a veggie dip! I like to pile cucumber slices, carrots, celery sticks and pea pods on a tray nearby so guests can nibble on some healthy snacks along with rich, holiday desserts.
- Instead of using white cheddar, you can substitute feta, Gorgonzola, or my personal favorite, goat cheese! You can’t go wrong with any of these, so go with whatever cheese you like best.
- Substitute dried cherries for the cranberries, or any dried fruit you like.
- Swap out the almonds for pecans, walnuts, whatever you may have on hand.
- For a sweeter cheese ball, roll the outside in a mixture of coconut and nuts. So delicious!
- If you’re not a huge fan of cilantro, you can add parsley flakes instead. You’ll still get that beautiful green color with a more mild flavor.
More Holiday Appetizers
- Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball – Another delicious cheese ball that is delicious any time of year.
- Shrimp Cocktail Dip – This is the easiest dip ever – it only takes about 5 minutes to throw together and it is so good.
- Cranberry Salsa – This salsa is made with fresh cranberries and jalapeños. It is so pretty on the plate.
- Blue Cheese Bombs – These buttery and cheesy bites are a 3-ingredient recipe. They are little bites of heaven!
- Cinnamon Almonds in the Slow Cooker – These Cinnamon Almonds will make your house smell like Christmas… and they taste just as good as they smell!
How to make Cranberry Almond Cheese Ball
- Whip softened cream cheese in a medium size bowl until it is creamy with no lumps.
- Add white cheddar, bacon, cranberries, cilantro, and Worcestershire sauce and blend everything together.
- Spoon mixture out onto a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Bring corners together and form mixture into a large ball. Place in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours until cheese ball becomes firm.
- Once the cheese ball has set up, roll it in the chopped almonds until thoroughly coated.
- Serve with sliced baguette bread or your favorite crackers.