This Cranberry Almond Bacon Cheese Ball is the perfect appetizer for the holidays! It tastes amazing and looks so festive!
I’m not sure which I love the most – holiday appetizers or holiday desserts. It’s a toss up. There are so many delicious appetizers that we only seem to make during the holidays. This Cranberry Almond Bacon Cheese Ball is one of them. What is more festive than a creamy cheese ball at a holiday party?
The red cranberries and green sprinkling from the cilantro really make this cheese ball stand out. Not only is it colorful, it is filled with flavors and textures that taste amazing together. I love appetizers that are savory and sweet, the cheese, smoky bacon, and roasted almonds are complemented perfectly by the slightly sweet and tart dried cranberry pieces. With all of this you get crunchy, chewy, and creamy in every bite! It is really good on baguette bread, pita chips, and any kind of cracker. Be warned – once you start eating, it’s very hard to stop!
There are a few cheese variations that you can make with this cheese ball that are all really good! Instead of using white cheddar you can substitute feta, gorgonzola, or my personal favorite- goat cheese! You can’t go wrong with any of these, so go with the one that you like the best! You can also substitute dried cherries for the dried cranberries, and pecans for the almonds. It all depends on your tastes!
How to make a Cranberry Almond Cheese Ball
This Cranberry Almond Bacon Cheese Ball can be made ahead and will keep in the refrigerator for several days. Be sure to plan for the 3 hour refrigeration time so the cheese ball can set up and the flavors can blend before serving.
Cranberry Almond Bacon Cheese Ball
- Whip softened cream cheese in a medium size bowl until it is creamy with no lumps.
- Add white cheddar, bacon, cranberries, cilantro, and Worcestershire sauce and blend everything together.
- Spoon mixture out onto a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Bring corners together and form mixture into a large ball. Place in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours until cheese ball becomes firm.
- Once the cheese ball has set up, roll it in the chopped almonds until thoroughly coated.
- Serve with sliced baguette bread or your favorite crackers.
More Holiday Appetizers
- Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball – Another delicious cheese ball that is delicious any time of year.
- Shrimp Cocktail Dip – This is the easiest dip ever – it only takes about 5 minutes to throw together and it is so good.
- Cranberry Salsa – This salsa is made with fresh cranberries and jalapeños. It is so pretty on the plate.
- Blue Cheese Bombs – These buttery and cheesy bites are a 3-ingredient recipe. They are little bites of heaven!
- Cinnamon Almonds in the Slow Cooker – These Cinnamon Almonds will make your house smell like Christmas… and they taste just as good as they smell!