This white chocolate peppermint bark has only 4 ingredients and takes only about 10 minutes of prep. Such an easy (and pretty) Christmas neighbor gift!
You are going to LOVE this white chocolate peppermint bark swirl. We love our Ghirardelli chocolate (Emily lived in the Bay Area and always went over to the factory there all the time). I love how smooth and perfect it is. It doesn’t taste waxy like most chocolate. Anyway, just a 13 oz bag of their chocolate peppermint squares is like $10.. that is pricey. These taste EXACTLY the same as those squares, but you get TWICE as much for about HALF the cost. Really, it cost me just over $5 to make it all. Oh, by the way, this is NOT in any way sponsored.. we just love Ghirardelli 🙂
Did I mention that this is SO easy to make? Really, it just takes minutes to make and it it NO BAKE. Don’t get me wrong, I love baking Christmas treats, but sometimes you have to come up with something QUICK. You can make these in almost no time flat. And cooling them is EASY (especially when you live in Idaho haha). I have a plastic lid that fits over my jelly roll pan and I just set it outside. I recommend not putting plastic wrap over it because it will stick terribly.. take my word for it.
If you can’t find the White Chocolate Peppermint Chunks:
Don’t fret if you can’t find the Ghirardelli white chocolate peppermint chunks. They are kind of a specialty item and can usually only be found around the holidays. You can easily make this just using white chocolate chips and a couple drops of peppermint extract. This way you can add as much or as little peppermint flavor as you would like. Just keep tasting it (I like to use toothpicks to taste so I’m not dirtying a ton of spoons) until it gets where you want it to be. You can add some of the crushed candy canes to the white chocolate if you want the extra crunch like the Ghirardelli chips.
Ok, here’s the fun part. The variations! You can go wild with variations here. You can go all white chocolate, all dark, add some red food coloring to a little big of the white chocolate to add a red swirl. Go nuts. You can try chopping up some Christmas M&Ms to put over the top. You can add Oreos, pretzels, and/or other miscellaneous candies. The sky’s the limit. Feel free to make your own variation and tag us on Instagram or Facebook. We would love to see what you come up with!
Of course, this is totally GLUTEN FREE. If you decide to use chocolate chips besides the Ghirardelli ones, just double check and make sure they don’t have any kind of what (which if you are GF you probably will anyway). I used the Brach’s peppermint candy canes and they are GF as well. I am pretty sure any regular peppermint candy cane is GF but it never hurts to double check. Sometimes you can get glutened with the most random stuff, amirite?
How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Swirl
- 10 oz Ghirardelli Peppermint Chunks
- 10 oz Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips (dark chocolate)
- 2 peppermint candy canes finely crushed
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil or as needed
- Place some wax paper onto a large jelly roll pan or cookie sheet and set aside.
- Using a double boiler or a pan on VERY low heat, heat peppermint chunks until smooth and JUST melted (do not over heat), adding a little coconut oil if needed (about 1/4 tsp should be plenty).
- Keep warm until dark chocolate is melted.
- Using the same method melt the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour white chocolate on to the prepared jelly roll pan making a large oval in the middle of the pan. Grab two sides of the pan and hit onto the counter to evenly distribute chocolate (you don't want it too thin).
- Spoon dark chocolate over the white chocolate, making large spots over the top of the white chocolate.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the chocolates together.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top.
- Place in refrigerator or in a cool place until the chocolate hardens (should only take 15 minutes or so of cooling)
- Cut or break into pieces.