This layered frozen gelato cake takes gelato to a whole new level! It is super easy to make, yet fancy enough to serve at a nice dinner or dessert party.
HemisFares Gelato is the real deal. It is smooth and creamy just like the gelato you can find in Italy but you can get it at your local Kroger store or supplier (and it’s way cheaper than a flight to Italy). If you are like me, just one flavor of gelato is not enough. I like to have a little bit of ALL the flavors when I am eating gelato. That is how I came up with the idea for this layered gelato cake. This way, you can have a little of each flavor in every bite. We used the HemisFares Chocolate Gelato, Strawberry Gelato, and Straciatella Gelato in this recipe but HemisFares also offers Cappuccino Gelato, Hazelnut Gelato, and Pistachio Gelato. All of which would make AMAZING gelato cakes. Just pick the three flavors you think you would like best and go from there!
I love this gelato cake because it looks fancy, it tastes fancy but it is SO EASY to make. Really. It takes hardly any prep time at all. I served this at our 4th of July party and it got so many “ooohs” and “ahhhhs”. Little did they know it was easier to make than a plate of cookies.
There is something unique about this rich and creamy HemisFares Gelato, and you can definitely taste the difference! The fresh cream used to make the gelato comes from 100% grass-fed cows in Sicily. The cows roam the countryside and are milked daily. The milk is slow-churned for a smooth texture and rich flavor. Each of the six varieties of gelato are made with regional ingredients.
The HemisFares brand was introduced to the Kroger product line in 2015 with a vision of bringing the “best-of-the-best tastes the planet has to offer to the Kroger family of stores.” Culinary explorers have traveled to some of the most food-rich regions of the world to bring the absolute best from a country back to Kroger customers.
Where to Find it:
We found the HemisFares Gelato at our local Fred Meyer here in the Boise area. I actually found it in both of the Fred Meyer stores that are near me (Meridian and Eagle stores). In both stores it was found in the “Premium Ice Cream” section of the freezer aisle. Echo, who lives in Utah, found the gelato at her local Smith’s stores near her house. We are so excited to see this new line from Kroger popping up in our local stores out here in the West. Be sure to check for it next time you are at your local Kroger associated store!
- 16 oz HemisFares Strawberry Gelato (Find No. 54)
- 16 oz HemisFares Chocolate Gelato (Find No. 51)
- 16 oz HemisFares Stracciatella Gelato (Find No. 52)
- 1/2 c. Chocolate Shell Ice Cream Topping or to taste
- 1/2 c. Raspberries fresh
- Line bread pan with wax paper.
- Soften Strawberry gelato and place in bottom of bread pan. Smooth with rubber spatula to make even.
- Cover and freeze for at least one hour.
- Repeat steps 2-3 with chocolate gelato and stracciatella gelato.
- When all layers are frozen, remove from pan and place on flat plate. Remove wax paper.
- Smooth edges with a knife and drizzle chocolate shell topping over the top.
- Top with fresh raspberries and freeze until ready to serve.
*This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.*