This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This layered frozen gelato cake takes gelato to a whole new level! It is super easy to make, yet fancy enough to serve at a nice dinner or dessert party.
Featured with this recipe
The HemisFares brand was introduced to the Kroger product line in 2015 with a vision of bringing the “best-of-the-best tastes the planet has to offer to the Kroger family of stores.” Culinary explorers have traveled to some of the most food-rich regions of the world to bring the absolute best from a country back to Kroger customers.
All the Best In One Bite
HemisFares Gelato is the real deal. It is smooth and creamy just like the gelato you can find in Italy, but you can get it at your local Kroger store or supplier. If you are like me, just one flavor of gelato is not enough. I like to have a little bit of ALL the flavors when I am eating gelato. That is how I came up with the idea for this layered gelato cake in a bread pan.
This way, you can have a little of each flavor in every bite. We used the HemisFares Chocolate Gelato, Strawberry Gelato, and Stracciatella Gelato in this recipe, but HemisFares also offers Cappuccino Gelato, Hazelnut Gelato, and Pistachio Gelato. All of which would make AMAZING gelato cakes. Just pick the three flavors you think you would like best and go from there!
Frozen Layered Gelato Cake
There is something unique about this rich and creamy HemisFares Gelato, and you can definitely taste the difference! The fresh cream used to make the gelato comes from 100 percent grass-fed cows in Sicily.
- HemisFares Strawberry Gelato
- HemisFares Chocolate Gelato
- HemisFares Stracciatella Gelato
- Chocolate Shell Ice Cream Topping or to taste
How to Make Homemade Gelato Cake
The cows roam the countryside and are milked daily. The milk is slow-churned for a smooth texture and rich flavor. Each of the six varieties of gelato are made with regional ingredients.
- Soften – Strawberry gelato is softened and placed on the bottom of the bread pan. Smooth with a rubber spatula to make it even.
- Freeze – Cover and freeze for at least one hour.
- Layer – Repeat steps 2-3 with chocolate gelato and stracciatella gelato.
- Serve – When all layers are frozen, remove them from the pan and place them on a flat plate. Remove wax paper. Smooth edges with a knife and drizzle chocolate shell topping over the top.
- Garnish – Top with fresh raspberries and freeze until ready to serve.
“This is such a fancy-looking dessert but was SO easy to make! And delicious, too! I am definitely going to make this again!”-Jenni
Frequently Asked Questions
There is something unique about this rich and creamy HemisFares Gelato, and you can definitely taste the difference! The fresh cream used to make the gelato comes from 100 percent grass-fed cows in Sicily. The cows roam the countryside and are milked daily. The milk is slow-churned for a smooth texture and rich flavor. Each of the six varieties of gelato are made with regional ingredients.
We found the HemisFares Gelato at our local Fred Meyer here in the Boise area. I actually found it in both of the Fred Meyer stores that are near me (Meridian and Eagle stores). In both stores it was found in the “Premium Ice Cream” section of the freezer aisle. Echo, who lives in Utah, found the gelato at her local Smith’s stores near her house. We are so excited to see this new line from Kroger popping up in our local stores out here in the West. Be sure to check for it next time you are at your local Kroger associated store!
I love this gelato cake because it looks fancy, it tastes fancy but it is SO EASY to make. Really. It takes hardly any prep time at all. I served this at our 4th of July party and it got so many “ooohs” and “ahhhhs”. Little did they know it was easier to make than a plate of cookies.
This is stored in the freezer until ready to serve. Use a sharp knife and get it hot before slicing. Once it is hot or warm to the touch, use the knife to have a clear-cut slice. Serve to friends and family! When ready to store, place in the freezer and let cool back down until enjoying again.
More Frozen Desserts
How to Make Frozen Layered Gelato Cake
Frozen Layered Gelato Cake
- Bread Pan
- 16 ounces HemisFares Strawberry Gelato (Find No. 54)
- 16 ounces HemisFares Chocolate Gelato (Find No. 51)
- 16 ounces HemisFares Stracciatella Gelato (Find No. 52)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Shell Ice Cream Topping or to taste
- 1/2 cup Raspberries fresh
- Line bread pan with wax paper.
- Soften Strawberry gelato and place in bottom of bread pan. Smooth with rubber spatula to make even.
- Cover and freeze for at least one hour.
- Repeat steps 2-3 with chocolate gelato and stracciatella gelato.
- When all layers are frozen, remove from pan and place on flat plate. Remove wax paper.
- Smooth edges with a knife and drizzle chocolate shell topping over the top.
- Top with fresh raspberries and freeze until ready to serve.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.
*This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.*