Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are fudgey, gooey, with slightly toasted marshmallows on top. They’re so easy to make and always disappear fast!
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies taste like a warm, cozy cup of hot cocoa in cookie form. They’re such a simple cookie to serve anytime the chocolate mood strikes. I love to serve them warm right out of the oven when the marshmallows still gooey, and the frosting melts right into the cookie. But they’re also delicious at room temperature, after the frosting has had the chance to cool and harden a bit. They’re really easy to make a double (or triple!) batch to take to potlucks or picnics.
Best Marshmallows to Use in Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- For that classic chocolate marshmallow flavor, mini plain marshmallows are perfect for this recipe.
- If you don’t like as much marshmallow, cut the mini marshmallows in half and use just four halves on the cookie.
- We love to use peppermint marshmallows at Christmas time for that chocolate mint flavor that is so perfect around the holidays.
- You could also use strawberry flavored or chocolate flavored marshmallows. Any kind of flavor works with gooey chocolate cookie and sweet chocolate frosting.
- For an added crunch, add a halved walnut to the top of the cookie right after frosting.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top before the frosting sets for a s’mores flavored cookie. YUM!
More Chocolatey Cookie Recipes
Chocolate cookies are my weakness! There’s nothing better than a couple of fudgy cookies and a tall glass of milk. Try some of our very favorite decadent treat recipes:
- Double Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Reese’s Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Better than Box Mix Brownies
- Almond Joy Brownies
How to Make Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat shortening, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa) and mix together well.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Roll into balls by flouring hands and then rolling about 1 tsp. of dough into a ball.
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Place 4 mini marshmallows on top of each cookie and return to oven for 30 seconds.
- Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon over warm cookies (I like to put frosting in a gallon zip-lock bag, cut one of the bottom corners and squeeze about a teaspoon over each cookie!)
- Hand Mixer