This Lightened Roasted Red Pepper Dip is light in calories and fat, but loaded with delicious flavor. Tastes great with veggies, chips, and crackers.
This roasted red pepper dip has quickly become our favorite veggie dip. It is full of flavor, yet,”lightened” when it comes to fat and calories. It uses non-fat Greek yogurt and only a little bit of olive oil mayo (which you can completely leave out if you want to make it even lighter). Of course, you can serve this with crackers or chips as well. We tried it with a multi-grain chip from Costco and it was delicious.
If you are looking for a lighter appetizer to take to your next tailgate party, this would be perfect! It is a great switch up from your usual ranch dips and no one will even suspect that it is healthier. The flavor is even better if you make it up a day earlier and refrigerate overnight.
- 6 oz. creamy Swiss cheese we used one full "Laughing Cow" wheel
- 1 c. Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil Mayonnaise Best Foods/Hellmann's brand
- 1/3 c. parmesan cheese the fresh, shredded kind
- 7 oz. roasted red peppers the kind in a jar
- 4 cloves roasted garlic or about 3 tsp. minced roasted garlic
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place creamy Swiss in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until creamy. Stir in Greek yogurt, Olive Oil Mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Drain roasted red peppers of any excess liquid and place in a food processor. Add garlic and parsley and process a few times until there are no large pieces of red pepper. Drain excess liquids.
- Stir red pepper mixture into creamy Swiss/yogurt mixture until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with vegetables, chips, and/or crackers.
- Food Processor