This Cranberry Salsa is made with fresh ingredients and has an incredible sweet and tangy flavor. It is a beautiful appetizer for Christmas and holiday parties.
This Cranberry Salsa is another delicious recipe from my mother-in-law and one of my favorite appetizers this time of year. It is made with fresh ingredients and has an incredible sweet tangy flavor. I especially love it because it looks festive- a great appetizer for Christmas and Holiday parties. It is great on it’s own but we like it best over cream cheese then we like to use anything from tortilla chips to crackers to scoop it up. It is also really good on meats (like a relish)- we had it on our turkey for Thanksgiving and it was amazing!
Health Benefits of Cranberries
Did you know cranberries can be very beneficial to your health? Here are some convincing reasons to eat cranberries all year long, and not just during the holidays:
- Cranberries are low in calories. Only 25 calories in half a cup!
- Cranberries are high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
- Cranberries contain an antioxidant that prevents bacteria adhesion in the body. This is why cranberries are so well-known for preventing urinary tract infections. The same antioxidant may also promote oral health as it prevents bacteria from binding to teeth.
- Evidence suggests that cranberries may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure.
- Cancer research has shown that the nutrients in cranberries can help slow tumor progression, and they can positively impact other types of cancer.
This Cranberry Salsa is made with fresh ingredients and has an incredible sweet/tangy flavor. It is a beautiful appetizer for Christmas and Holiday parties.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Pulse a few times, until ingredients are in small bits but not completely blended together.
- Serve over cream cheese with crackers or chips.
- You can also serve as a relish over meats.
More Cranberry Recipes to Enjoy!
The tart flavor of cranberries complements desserts, breads, and meat. These are some of our favorite ways to use cranberries in our baking and cooking during the holidays.
- Cranberry Chicken – This is one of my favorite holiday dinners. The chicken is moist and tender. The pecans and cranberries give the chicken an incredible flavor.
- Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake – This delicious coffee cake is perfect for breakfast or brunch. The sweet cake is flavored with cranberry and almond, then topped with an almond strudel.
- Orange Cranberry Sauce – This cranberry sauce is made with fresh cranberries and orange juice. It is so much better than canned!
- Cranberry Sausage Stuffing – Dried cranberries, fresh apples, nuts, and sausage give this stuffing a sweet and savory flavor.
- Cranberry Almond Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl – This sweet bread is like Christmas in a loaf pan. It is easy to make and so good!