Parmesan Pull Apart Bread is a simple side that starts with frozen roll dough and ends with hot, cheesy, bites of seasoned bread perfect for dipping in marinara sauce.
Pull Apart Bread
Pull apart bread is one of those simple side dishes that looks so pretty and fancy but is really easy to make. This method is similar to Monkey Bread where you roll frozen dough in toppings and bake together. Sweet or savory, the method is the same, and this Parmesan pull apart bread is so easy to throw together! It’s the best side dish to any Italian dinner, or as an appetizer for football games, game night or just about any time.
Tips for Perfect Pull Apart Bread
- You can use any kind of dough you like for these pull apart bread bites, but I love using Rhodes frozen roll dough. It’s easy so easy to use!
- Let the rolls thaw and rise slightly on a cookie sheet.
- While they’re thawing out, combine melted butter, oregano, basil and garlic in a bowl. In another bowl get your cheese ready. I like using Parmesan and shredded mozzarella, but you can use pretty much any cheese you like.
- Then once the rolls are soft, roll each ball in the butter mixture, then the cheese mixture and layer into a bundt pan. Using bundt pans give such a gorgeous presentation,and you can add the marinara sauce into the center after baking.
- Let the rolls rise for about half an hour, then bake. Turn the whole thing over on a plate straight out of the oven, and get to snacking!
- Cover any leftovers with foil and store in the refrigerator. To reheat just pop in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy again!
More Snackable Bread Recipes
Try more of our favorite bread recipes, perfect for appetizers or for side dishes!
- Homemade Pretzels
- Australian Sausage Rolls
- Pizza Factory Bread Twists (Copycat)
- Cheesy Italian Bread
- Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pao de Queijo)
Parmesan Pull Apart Bread
- Bundt Pan
- Pour frozen rolls out onto a cookie sheet to thaw. You want the rolls to be soft but not fully raised.
- Once rolls are soft, combine butter, minced garlic, basil, and oregano in a medium size bowl. Cover with a paper towel and melt together in microwave (30 to 45 seconds on high).
- Place cheese in another bowl (if using mozzarella mix it together with the parmesan).
- Dip each roll in the butter mix then roll in the cheese. Layer the rolls in a bundt pan. Let raise for 20 to 30 minutes. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then turn over onto a serving plate.
- I like to fill the center with marinara sauce for dipping. I usually put a small glass cup in the hole in the center, then fill with the marinara so the bread doesn’t get soggy.
For my marinara recipe click HERE