This Greek Salad with Greek Dressing is flavor packed and an amazing side to just about any meal! To make it a meal on it’s own, just add some grilled meat.
This flavor-packed salad with a homemade greek dressing makes an amazing side to just about any meal! Or if you would like it as your main course you could easily add some sliced grilled chicken or steak. It has a similar flavor to the salad they serve at the Olive Garden. It is super easy to throw together and you can top it however you would like.
My husband loves onions but I do not! To show how much I love him, I added some onion to his salad but I don’t know if I can ever put myself through cutting one of those things again. My hands smelled like onion for days. Why can’t you get that smell out? I subbed my onion for some garbanzo beans, which worked out well for me. Have you tried any substitutions? Let us know in the comments.
Serve it as a Side
This salad tastes delicious on the side of all kinds of different dishes. It adds depth and variety to your average meal. Here are a few ideas for things to serve with this Greek Salad.
- Mizithra Pasta from The Old Spaghetti Factory is a rich buttery dish your whole family will love.
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Gyros are full of flavor. Just a little bit of prep and the crock pot does the rest.
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts are the best way to get juicy, perfectly seasoned chicken breasts fast.
- Chicken Lasagna with Bacon is a delightful twist on an old favorite. You won’t want to miss the shredded chicken, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes and ranch flavoring.
- Greek Lemon Chicken Foil Packets with Vegetables are such an easy summertime meal. Perfect for camping, or even at home. Either way, clean up is a snap.
- Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce is a lighter gyro that is surprisingly filling.
How To Make Greek Salad
For the Salad:
- Wash and prepare the lettuce, then top with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, olives, onions, peperoncinis, and garbanzo beans.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad.