This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This easy Tzatziki Sauce recipe comes together in 2-3 minutes. Creamy and tangy, it’s delicious with grilled vegetables, gyros, and Greek salad.
Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
This Easy Tzatziki Sauce recipe adds incredible flavor to grilled vegetables, pita chips, and of course with our amazing gyros, made in the crock pot! When I serve it with gyros I like to be able to crunch into the cucumbers so I leave them diced instead and just stir everything together instead of processing everything. If I am serving with grilled veggies, I will process all the ingredients so the sauce holds to the vegetables better. It’s totally up to you how you want to do it! This is also great over Greek salads, if it is too thick, you can just add a teaspoon or so of milk.
Looking for more simple sauce recipes? Try our Creamy Lemon Dip for artichokes and veggies, this easy homemade tartar sauce for all of your fish recipes, or this tangy barbecue sauce that comes together in a snap!
What is Tzatziki Sauce?
Tzatziki sauce can be served as a dip, a sauce or a soup. It’s found in a lot of Mediterranean and Southeast European cuisine, as well as in the Middle East. There are countless ways to make homemade tzatziki sauce, but generally it includes full-fat greek yogurt, cucumbers, olive oil, garlic (fresh garlic works great but you can substitute garlic powder if you’re out) and other fresh herbs and seasonings. Often the recipe will include vinegar or lemon juice, parsley, thyme, fresh dill or mint. Tzatziki sauce is quite healthy. Despite its creamy texture, it is relatively low in calories. And it goes great with a variety of Greek foods.
Versatile and Delicious
The other day we made kebabs with lemon-marinated chicken and all sorts of yummy vegetables (peppers, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, etc). We grilled them all up and served them with this Tzatziki on the side. They were a huge hit and everyone (kids included) gobbled them up. If you are looking to make a healthy, low-carb dinner, definitely try it! It will quickly become a favorite! You can also serve a bowl of this greek tzatziki sauce with easy appetizers like pork, beef kabobs, pieces of pita bread, a dip for veggies, or as a spread for all types of sandwiches. It’s also delicious as a dip for French fries!
It’s All Greek To Me
If you’re into the Greek flavor that pairs so well with Tzatziki sauce, you should check out some of these other Greek-inspired dishes.
- Greek Lemon Chicken Foil Packets with Vegetables. They’re such a great summer time meal with practically no clean up.
- Light Greek Pasta Salad is another delicious warm-weather option.
- Greek Tortellini Salad is another pasta salad that works well as a summertime supper.
- Greek Side Salad with Greek Dressing is another light, healthy way to enjoy a variety of flavors. It works as a perfect side dish with almost any meal.
- Mediterranean Bowls combine all of your favorite Greek flavors into one bowl. Perfect as a quick lunch.
How To Make Tzatziki Sauce
The Easiest Tzatziki Sauce
- Food Processor
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until well combined. If you want a more chunky sauce (great for gyros), just stir to combine instead of processing.
- Serve with grilled or fresh vegetables or with gyros.