This a a really simple chicken tacos recipe. Don’t skimp on the cilantro and lime! Add more if you’d like!
Easy Summer Chicken Tacos
- 1 1/2 Lbs. chicken, cubed
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
- 4 Tbsp fresh cilantro (or to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 - 1/2 c. water
- juice of 1 lime (or to taste)
- Flour tortillas
- Sauté chicken in a medium skillet in a little oil for a few minutes until chicken becomes white all around. Add green onion, taco seasoning, cilantro, and salt & pepper to chicken. Add water and simmer (covered) for an extra 8-10 minutes or so until chicken is cooked through (if the water is cooking out too fast and chicken seems dry, just add a more water a little at a time). Add lime to chicken just before serving. Add chicken to tortillas and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, avocado, cilantro, salsa, sour cream, or any other taco topping you like!
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012