Mexican Chili in a Tostada Bowl is SO easy to make and the clean-up is even easier! It is low in fat, high in fiber, hearty and flavorful.
Mexican Chili in a Tostada Bowl
This Mexican Chili recipe is one of our favorites, and I’ve made this dozens of times. It’s such a versatile recipe that it can be eaten as a soup, a dip, drizzled over nachos, and as I pleasantly just discovered, in a tostada bowl! I was worried that it would get soggy and nasty, but it didn’t. It actually turned out great! It’s the perfect twist on soup in a bread bowl. Serve in a tostada, then eat the bowl! This recipe makes about 10 servings so we only used 4 tostada bowls and ate the rest of the chili for leftovers.
Ingredients for Mexican Chili
- There are so many hearty ingredients in this chili! we love using lean ground beef in this recipe but you could easily substitute ground turkey or chicken, or leave out the meat for a vegetarian dish.
- Add lots of different kinds of beans! We like kidney beans, black beans, refried beans and Mexican syle chili beans for some added heat.
- Use fresh, frozen or canned corn. If you have leftover grilled corn on the cob, cut it off the cob and use it in this chili. So good!
- The spices for this chili are so easy to add too: use regular taco seasoning and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix. It adds such a tangy flavor to the chili.
- We like to use spicy diced tomatoes, but you could use fresh tomatoes or regular diced canned tomatoes too.
Suggestions for Serving Mexican Chili
Find tostada bowls in the Mexican foods aisle at the grocery store. To serve, dish some chili into each tostada bowl, then add sour cream, cheese, avacadoes, and crushed tortilla chips on top. The nice thing about this chili is you can be as creative as you want! You can also add tomatoes, chopped onion, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, olives, or anything else you’d like!
More Mexican Recipes
Try some or all of these delightful Mexican recipes and put together a true feast for your next gathering.
- Creamy Black Bean Soup
- Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
- Shredded Beef Taquitos
- Sweet Corn Cakes (Tamalitos)
- Mexican Street Corn Cups
- Easy Restaurant Style Mexican Rice
How to Make Mexican Chili in a Tostada Bowl
- Brown meat and onion. Put in large cooking pot and add all remaining ingredients (Do not drain) Simmer for 20-30 min.
- You can also brown the meat and onion, then combine with all remaining ingredients in a large crock pot on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve in tostada bowls.