This Mexican chili dish is SO easy to make and the clean-up is even easier! It is low-fat, high in fiber, and VERY flavorful.
This is actually a previous post… I just put it in a tostada bowl and took a new picture. I have made this mexican chili probably a hundred times but the last time I made it I had the genius idea of putting it in a tostada bowl. Why have I never thought of this before?! I was worried that it would get soggy and nasty, but it didn’t. It actually turned out great! This recipe makes about 10 servings so we only used 4 tostada bowls and ate the rest of the chili for leftovers.
This dish is SO easy to make and the clean-up is even easier! It is low-fat, high in fiber, and VERY flavorful. I love adding sour cream, cheese, avacadoes, and tortilla chips… the nice thing about this chili is you can be as creative as you want! You can also add tomatoes, chopped onion, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, olives, or anything else you’d like!
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz.
- 1 can black beans 15 .
- 1 can refried beans 15 oz
- 1 can Mexican style chili beans 15 oz
- 1 can corn 15 oz
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz
- 1 can chilies chopped (4 oz)
- 1 c. water
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ c. onion finely chopped
- Tostada bowls
- Brown meat and onion. Put in large cooking pot and add all remaining ingredients (Do not drain) Simmer for 20-30 min.
- You can also brown the meat and onion, then combine with all remaining ingredients in a large crock pot on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve in tostada bowls.