This is a favorite recipe that I got from my friend Charisse. I made this chicken in basil cream sauce for my parents once and my Dad said this was the best chicken he had ever had! It is so good.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 chicken breasts cut into halves (8 pieces)
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: I like to pound and flatten the chicken out a little so it cooks evenly throughout.
- Place milk and bread crumbs in seperate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs. In a skillet over medium heat cook chicken in butter until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and keep in a 9x13 pan in the oven on warm.
- Add chicken broth to skillet and stir to loosen up browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, basil, and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and whisk in parmesan cheese. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.