Garlic bread is a classic accompaniment to pasta, pizza and soup. It. is delicious and so easy to make! Learn how to make it at home here.
Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe
Garlic Bread is so easy to make, but tastes amazing! We love to serve this buttery, garlicky side dish with pastas, pizza, and soup. It is yummy on its own or dipped in marinara sauce. This is the best garlic bread recipe because it is quick, simple, and full of garlic flavor.
This easy garlic bread recipe uses just a few simple ingredients.
- French Bread – If you’re ambitious, then you can bake your own French bread, but I just buy mine in the bakery section of the grocery store. I have also used ciabatta bread.
- Softened Butter – I find that softened butter works better than melted butter. It bakes onto the top and creates that crunchy texture.
- Fresh Garlic – Fresh garlic always tastes the best, but you can use minced garlic or garlic powder in a pinch. I prefer using a garlic press, rather than cutting the garlic with a knife. Pressing the garlic cloves releases more oil, and in turn more flavor.
- Italian Seasoning – I usually use dried Italian Seasoning, but you can absolutely use fresh herbs. Fresh parsley, basil, and oregano all taste great with this garlic bread.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – You can add the cheese to the garlic butter mixture, or sprinkle it on top after baking.
- Make the garlic butter. In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, and parmesan. Stir it until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cut the French bread open and then place the pieces on a baking sheet, crust side down.
- Then, using an offset spatula or wide knife, spread the garlic butter onto the bread. Make sure to cover everything from edge to edge.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 12 minutes. Then, to get the bread extra toasty, broil it for 2-3 minutes, or until the top is a nice golden brown. Make sure to watch it closely, it will brown quickly!
- Remove from the oven, cut into 1-inch slices, and serve! Optional (if you are feeling extra): top with more parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, salt, and fresh parsley.
I find it easier to cut the french bread in half first, and then cut each half open. If I try to cut the whole loaf open at once, then it comes out very uneven.
Yes! After you spread the butter onto the bread, place it in the freezer. When it is frozen all the way, put it into a ziplock bag or airtight container. When ready to bake, follow the same instructions but allow for a little more baking time.
If you have leftover garlic butter spread, use it on pasta, grilled cheese, toast, or in soup.
Store leftover garlic bread at room temperature in an airtight container. To reheat, wrap in foil and bake at 350 until heated through. Broil for another 2-3 minutes if desired.
Perfect Pairs with Garlic Bread
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup
- Homemade Pizza
How to Make Garlic Bread
How to Make Garlic Bread
- Mix butter, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Cut the French bread open and spread a thin layer of garlic butter edge to edge on each half.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Then, broil for 2-3 minutes or until the edges of the bread are golden brown. Slice and serve.