Fall has to be my favorite season of the year. It finally cools down, the leaves change color, and the anticipation of another football season almost makes me giddy. It’s also my favorite food season. I love trying new soup recipes, but this is an old favorite. Tastes just like Olive Garden’s! This recipe does make a LOT of soup (approximately 12-15 servings.) Make sure you use a large crock pot or feel free to cut the recipe in half! Also freezes well if you want to try that!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 c. celery, chopped
- 2 (28 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 oz.) can white kidney beans, drained
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 5 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. tabasco sauce
- 1 (20 oz.) jar Prego traditional spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz. pasta (I like using ditali pasta)
- Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain fat. Add beef and all ingredients except the pasta into a large crock pot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Before serving, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to soup.