If you love chocolate as much as I do, this will be the most amazing pie you will ever eat! While traveling thru a small Amish town several years ago, we stopped at an authentic Amish restaurant that served German Chocolate Pie. It was so good, we ended up buying an entire pie to eat the next day! Ever since I have been dreaming about, drooling over, and seriously craving this pie. After many attempts, I think I have finally perfected it! (I knew I had it right when my family ate the entire pie out of the pan before it even had time to cool!) Hope you love it too!!!
|German Chocolate Pie|| |
- 1 uncooked pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- ½ c. butter, melted
- 1¼ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ½ c. flour
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- ¾ c. flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place uncooked pie crust in pie tin.
- In small bowl, microwave butter until completely melted. Add 1 c. chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour and sugars. Slowly add chocolate/ butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Fold in pecans, coconut, and ¼ c. chocolate chips.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is set. DON'T OVER BAKE!