This German Chocolate Pie recipe idea comes straight from Amish country. The rich, gooey, chocolate filling it to die for!
This German Chocolate Pie actually has a fun story. While traveling through a small Amish town several years ago, we stopped at an authentic Amish restaurant that served German Chocolate Pie. It was so good, we ended up buying an entire pie to eat the next day! Ever since I have been dreaming about, drooling over, and seriously craving this pie. After many attempts, I think I have finally perfected it! (I knew I had it right when my family ate the entire pie out of the pan before it even had time to cool!) Hope you love it too!!!
Other German Chocolate Recipes:
We are crazy about german chocolate recipes and have a bunch on Favorite Family Recipes. Some of my favorites are our German Chocolate Fudge and German Chocolate Oreos and German Chocolate Cookie Bars, and for breakfast I love these German Chocolate Waffles.
Other Yummy Pies:
We love to have a wide variety of pies for Thanksgiving! Some of our other favorite pies are listed below:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place uncooked pie crust in pie tin.
- In small bowl, microwave butter until completely melted. Add 1 c. chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour and sugars. Slowly add chocolate/ butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Fold in pecans, coconut, and 1/4 c. chocolate chips.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is set. DON'T OVER BAKE!