This German Chocolate Pie recipe idea comes straight from Amish country. The rich, gooey, chocolate filling it to die for!
This German Chocolate Pie actually has a fun story. While traveling through a small Amish town several years ago, we stopped at an authentic Amish restaurant that served German Chocolate Pie. It was so good, we ended up buying an entire pie to eat the next day! Ever since I have been dreaming about, drooling over, and seriously craving this pie. After many attempts, I think I have finally perfected it! I knew I had it right when my family ate the entire pie out of the pan before it even had time to cool! Hope you love it too!!!
The pie crust is simply a basic pie crust. You can buy a frozen or refrigerated crust or make your own. For a perfectly flaky and tasty pie crust, see our Perfect Pie Crust Recipe. As good as the pie crust is, the filling is what makes this pie so incredible. It is loaded with decadent flavors and textures. It is almost like eating a German chocolate brownie in a pie crust, only it’s better. It is moist, dense, and rich with chocolate, coconut, and pecan in every bite.
Other German Chocolate Recipes:
We are crazy about German chocolate recipes and have a bunch on Favorite Family Recipes.
- German Chocolate Fudge – A smooth and creamy fudge topped with a coconut pecan layer.
- German Chocolate Oreos – Our delicious homemade Oreos with a German chocolate filling.
- German Chocolate Cookie Bars, – An easy cookie bar recipe with a chocolate “cookie” layer topped with a chocolate chip, pecan, coconut layer.
- German Chocolate Waffles – A chocolate waffle with coconut frosting topped with a praline pecan syrup.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place uncooked pie crust in pie tin.
In small bowl, microwave butter until completely melted.
Add 1 c. chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
In separate bowl, stir together flour and sugars.
Slowly add chocolate/ butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Fold in pecans, coconut, and 1/4 c. chocolate chips.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is set. DON'T OVER BAKE!
Allow to cool before serving.
Other Yummy Pies:
We love to have a wide variety of pies for Thanksgiving and other special occasions. Some of our other favorite pies are listed below: