It really is easier than it looks. It only took me about an hour to make (after the pork was in the crock pot). The rice and beans are SUPER easy, you definitely want the beans and rice to get the whole experience! Also, be generous with the cilantro! Try it and let me know what you think! I KNOW you won’t be disappointed!!
Update: We have had some AMAZING feedback on this recipe! Thank you so much for making us the #1 Site for Cafe Rio recipes! If you have tried this recipe, please leave a comment below to tell us what you think!
To view ALL of our Cafe Rio Copycat Recipes click HERE!
|Erica’s Complete Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad (Copycat Recipe)|| |
- 6 large Tortillas (click HERE)
- Shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- Cafe Rio Rice (click HERE)
- Cafe Rio Black Beans (click HERE)
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (click HERE)
- Lettuce (NOT iceberg, use leafy green or Romaine)
- Diced tomato, onion, and cilantro (pico de gallo)
- Guacamole (click HERE)
- Sour cream
- Tortilla Strips (click HERE)
- Cotija cheese, crumbled (or you can use Parmesan)
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch (click HERE)
- OR Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (click HERE)
- Here is how we put it all together: First of all, we bought the aluminum deep-dish pans (they had these at the grocery store, you will know when you see them.. they look JUST like the Cafe Rio tins). Lay a tortilla in the bottom of the pan, sprinkle cheese on it, and put in the oven at 375 for about 5 min or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven, add beans, rice, pork, then lettuce and a little scoop of diced tomato and onions (pico de gallo). Add guacamole (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and sour cream. Add crushed tortilla chips, a shake of Parmesan cheese, and top with a few cilantro leaves. Serve with the cilantro ranch or vinaigrette dressing and there you have it! (makes about 6 salads)
This post contains links to Amazon.com. Please note that Amazon prices tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice.