This mexican lasagna is a favorite of mine. It is such a great comfort food! My mom would make this a lot when we were growing up and I always loved it! This dish is kind of a mix of two worlds that kept everyone happy at our house. My mom LOVES Mexican food, and my dad is crazy about Italian food, this dish is their compromise. This has come to be one of Jared’s favorite dishes! Seriously, this is SO GOOD! Try it. I am sure it will become one of your family favorites!
|Mexican Lasagna|| |
- 1 Lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24-26 oz.
- 16 oz. Cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ lb. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 package flour tortilla shells
- Brown hamburger and onion in a pan and drain well. Combine with the spaghetti sauce. In large bowl combine beaten egg, and all the cheeses. Save a little of the Mozzarella and cheddar for the topping.
- Put a layer of the tortilla shells in a 9x13 pan. Tear them to fill in all the spaces. Then add a layer of sauce and a layer of cheese. Repeat several times ending with the sauce and a topping of the grated cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve hot. On your individual plates top with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and chopped olives as desired.