These BBQ Twice Baked Potatoes are the perfect game-day entree. It is everything you love about barbecue stuffed in a baked potato skin and baked to perfection. We had these the other night along with a salad and it made for a perfectly rounded-out meal (plus, it is SUPER filling). If you want to lighten things up, feel free to leave out the ranch and use light sour cream. If you need extra flavor, just scoop extra BBQ sauce over the top.
I love the crispy potato skin dipped in extra BBQ sauce or ranch dressing. YUM. It’s like you are getting mashed potatoes AND fries with your BBQ beef. If you are serving for a crowd and want to make this as more of a side dish– just cube the potatoes after baking instead of scooping them out. Place the potato cubes in a glass baking dish, top with the remaining ingredients and bake as you would the twice baked potatoes. So easy and trust me, everyone will be raving over them!
- 1 1/2 Lbs. boneless beef country-style ribs
- 1 18-20 oz bottle barbecue sauce
- 6 medium-sized potatoes baked (click HERE for our perfect baked potato method)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. ranch dressing
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. chopped green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- cheddar cheese shredded, to taste
- Place ribs in slow cooker and cover with BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 8 hours (or 4 hours on high). Remove from slow cooker and shred, return to slow cooker and keep warm until ready to serve. About an hour before serving bake potatoes (see link above for baking method).
- Take baked potatoes and cut an oval hole, lengthwise, from the top. Scoop out the potato, leaving a small amount of potato around the edges (you don't want to scoop out too much and rip a hole in the skin).
- Place the potato "scoopings" into a medium-sized bowl and add butter, ranch dressing, sour cream, salt, pepper, chives, and cheese.
- Mash together with a fork until well mixed. Place mashed potatoes evenly back into the potato skins and make a depression in the top with the back of a spoon (the potatoes may seem overflowing.. you can remove a little of the filling if needed).
- Spoon a large scoop of shredded beef into the top of the potato and top with extra shredded cheese.
- Place back in 350-degree oven for about 15 mintues or until potatoes are hot all the way through.
- Serve immediately.