This Loaded Baked Potato Soup is, well, loaded with potatoes, bacon, corn, and cheese. Our hearty recipe is a perfect way to warm up when it is cold outside!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This loaded baked potato soup is so yummy and has a mix of great flavors, we can’t get enough of it around here, especially when it is cold outside! This is actually one I got from Elise a long time ago and we make it all the time. I took this to a soup potluck once and everyone was begging me for the recipe. My husband always begs me to make our bread twists to go along with the soup. I have to admit, they are so good with it! You can find our bread twist recipe HERE. This soup is awesome for leftover baked potatoes!
No Leftover Baked Potatoes? No Problem!
If you didn’t bake up any potatoes recently and you are craving this soup (which I do a lot), here is a faster method for preparing your potatoes:
- First, scrub the potatoes, but leave the skins on.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise (from end to end). Then cut the halves again lengthwise so you have 4 long quarters. Then slice those the opposite direction into lots of 1/4 inch slices. It should give you thin triangle slices of potato.
- Boil the potato slices until cooked but not soft or mushy. I just keep testing it with a fork. Drain and set aside until you are ready to add them to the soup.
Keep Those Soups Coming
With fall in the air, we just can’t get enough of all these yummy soup options.
- Soup in a Pumpkin is everything you love about fall, baked right inside an actual pumpkin!
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Sausage rivals even the best restaurant tomato basil soup. Adding sausage gives it a rich, hearty flavor.
- Lasagna Soup has all the meaty, cheesy flavors you love in this popular Italian dish, all in one bowl.
- Creamy Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy, slow cooker meal you will want to have over and over again.
How to make Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- In a large saucepan melt butter on low heat. Stir in flour and seasonings.
- Gradually add milk and turn heat up to medium. Add minced garlic.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir 2 minutes until thick.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in sour cream. Add potatoes, corn, and bacon.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with cheddar cheese.