This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Philly Cheesesteak is a meaty, cheesy HEAVEN. Tender beef pairs perfectly with peppers, onions and lots of cheese. You will love how easy they are to make!
Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
These Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches are the perfect dinner to make when you don’t have a lot of time but are craving something hearty, filling and flavorful. The tender roast beef soaks up flavorful juices and tastes delicious with thinly sliced peppers and onions. Add lots of buttery cheese, pop the whole thing on soft hoagie bread, warm it under the broiler and you have a satisfying, fulfilling sandwich that is warm and tasty. Whip these sandwiches up and serve them with some veggies and dip, French fries, or potato chips, and you’ve got yourself a meal the whole family will love. Some of my kids don’t like the peppers and onions, so I just pile the extras up on my sandwich.
Suggestions for Perfect Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- My husband taught me this trick: add a nice, thick layer of cream cheese on the bread. It adds a whole new dimension that I just can’t live without anymore. The cream cheese softens with the hot meat and veggies and melts perfectly.
- I like to get thinly sliced roast beef from the deli counter at my grocery store, but you could use pre-sliced deli meat or even leftover roast beef from Sunday dinner. Just make sure the beef is nice and thin; the flavor of the juice soaks in better that way when you simmer it.
- Cut the peppers and onions up really thin too so they cook evenly. You want them tender but not mushy.
- You can find the hoagie rolls at pretty much any grocery store or use our Homemade Subway Bread recipe if you like homemade bread better!
More Subs and Sandwiches
If you like this Philly Cheesesteak recipe, you will love any of these delicious sandwich options:
- Super Easy French Dip Subs
- Cheesesteak Crescent Rolls
- Big Kahuna Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches
- Italian Sandwiches with Olive Tapenade
- Corned Beef Sandwich
How to Make Easy Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
Easy Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Bring beef broth and onion soup mix to a boil. Add roast beef, reduce heat, and simmer for about 5-10 minutes. In the meantime, in a large skillet saute onion and green pepper.
- When beef is done simmering, drain juices (you can keep the juice if you want to make an “au jus” dip). Add roast beef to skillet along with about 4 oz. of cream cheese.
- Spread remaining cream cheese on each hoagie roll. When the cream cheese in the skillet is all melted, generously portion beef mixture onto each hoagie roll.
- Top with provolone cheese and place sandwiches, open-faced on a large baking sheet.
- Broil on high for about a minute or until cheese becomes bubbly and bread becomes slightly toasty. Remove from oven and serve immediately.