Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are a combination of chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies. Two amazing cookies made into one!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is the perfect combination of my two favorite cookies. They are rich with peanut butter and have just the right amount of chocolate chips to get a chocolatey taste in every bite. These cookies have a soft, chewy texture and they freeze very well. The recipe makes a big batch of cookies, about 6 to 7 dozen, depending on the size of cookies. I usually freeze half of the cookies in an airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bag to use later — but, beware, these cookies are so good even when they are frozen that they need to be hidden way in the back of the freezer or they will disappear! This recipe comes from my cousin, Angela. She brought them to a family reunion several years ago and she was kind enough to share the recipe. They have been a favorite of mine ever since.
More than one way to enjoy chocolate
I’ve tried this recipe with a variety of flavors of baking chips. They are also very good with milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips — or a combination of any or all of these. However, I find I usually go back to the semi-sweet chocolate chips. I think the less sweet chocolate goes best with peanut butter.
The recipe only calls for 2 cups flour, which might seem like an insufficient amount. However, the peanut butter works to thicken the cookie dough too. However, you may need to adjust the flour based on your altitude and how flat or full you like your cookies. If you’re unsure, bake a couple and then add 1/4 to 1/2 cups additional flour until you find the right mix for your location.
More great cookies
Although I have everything I need in life with the peanut butter/chocolate combination, there are so many other great cookie recipes to try. Here are few you won’t want to miss:
- Swig cookies (copycat) — Try these popular cookies with four different variations.
- Cadbury Creme Egg Stuffed Easter Cookies— A delicious surprise waiting inside these yummy treats!
- Peanut Butter Cookies — Peanut Butter doesn’t always need chocolate in these tasty sweets
- Sugar Cookies with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting — A delightful twist on the traditional sugar cookie
How to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- See recipe notes for low altitude baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter together until well blended.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour*, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together. Gradually mix into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.