Peppermint bark brownies are the perfect combination of fudgy chocolate brownie and rich white chocolate frosting with a crunchy peppermint topping. Even better? This recipe is simple and quick to put together thanks to a few foodie shortcuts.
Peppermint Bark Brownies
Can I just start by saying that these peppermint bark brownies are absolutely amazing? In fact, they are so good that I literally had to hide them from myself because I couldn’t stop snacking on them.
There is something about the combination of chocolate and peppermint this time of year. It just tastes like Christmas…but that doesn’t necessarily stop me from eating them in the summertime. 🙂
Peppermint bark on its own is one of my favorite holiday treats. Pair it with gooey, fudgy brownies, and you have the best of both worlds—crunchy peppermint layered on top of rich chocolate. Yum!
I have had brownies that are similar to these peppermint bark ones that have a layer of actual hard white chocolate. These brownies are bit different—the “bark” is a soft white chocolate frosting sprinkled with crunchy peppermint pieces.
How to Make These Easy Brownies
The best part about these brownies is that they are super easy to make. Want to know a secret? You actually use a brownie mix to make these, but I have a secret to share with you that makes them taste like they are from scratch. No one will ever be able to tell that you took short cuts, and that’s fine! We’ll keep it our little secret. Ready to hear it?
Buy your favorite brownie batter mix. Make it as directed on the box when it comes to eggs and oil. Instead of water, however, use a combination of half water and half sour cream. I know it sounds odd, but I promise, it makes all the difference!
Need an example? If you need 1/2 cup water for the brownie mix, use 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup sour cream. Whatever amount of water the brownies call for, use half that amount and then add the sour cream.
More of Our Favorite Christmas Treats:
Since it’s likely that you’ll be making these peppermint bark brownies around the holiday season, I thought you might like some ideas for other sweet treats that are perfect for Christmas!
- Mom’s Christmas Caramels – Sweet and chewy homemade caramels are the best at Christmas! Make them for your neighbors and they will love you forever.
- Andes Mint Cookies – These delicious chocolate mint cookies will get you on Santa’s “nice” list!
- Dipped Caramel Pretzel Bites – Pretzels dipped in caramel and chocolate are pretty much the best thing ever. I have to warn you, they are addicting!
- Christmas Crunch – A sweet and salty treat that only takes 15 minutes to make. Perfect to munch on while watching your favorite Christmas movie.
- Dipped Ritz Cookies – Ritz Crackers never tasted so good! Spread peanut butter or caramel between two crackers then dip them in milk or white chocolate.
- Easy Crock Pot Peanut Clusters – Only 4 ingredients and 1 hour in a crock pot. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
How to Make Peppermint Bark Brownies
For the Brownie Layer:
- 2 brownie mixes *see Recipe Notes
For the Brownie Layer:
- Mix all the ingredients well and pour into a cookie sheet lined with cooking spray (NOT a cake pan).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick a few inches from the edge comes out mostly clean. Cool completely before frosting!
For the White Chocolate Frosting:
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter, then add the vanilla and almond extract. Melt the white chocolate and slowly blend it in. Then add the powdered sugar and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Spread over the cooled brownies. Unwrap some candy canes and place them in a plastic bag. Use a kitchen mallet or rolling pin to crush the candy cane into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the candy cane pieces over the frosting.