I got this Cinnamon Swirl Cake recipe from my friend Lesa almost 20 years ago when we were in college and have been making it ever since. Definitely one of my favorite desserts because it’s quick, easy and so yummy! Like a cinnamon roll in a cake! You can’t lose! Every time I make this for a crowd I have people begging for this recipe. I was pretty much swatting people away with a stick just so I could take the picture. Not even kidding, within 2 minutes of this picture being taken this cake was inhaled…. by me.
- 1 white cake mix, prepared as directed on box
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare white cake mix according to package directions.
- In separate bowl, combine cinnamon, graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Stir until combined and crumbly.
- Pour half of the cake batter into pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over batter, then run a knife through it to swirl. Repeat using remaining cake batter and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake according to cake package directions.
- Frosting: Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Optional garnish: Reserve a little cinnamon mixture to sprinkle over cake. I usually don't do this, I like it all INSIDE the cake, but since it's that way in the picture I thought I better mention it!
- **I love to serve this cake while still slightly warm!