I have seen a lot of recipes for Cowboy Spaghetti but none of them seemed to be quite what I was looking for.. so.. I created my own. I’m not going to lie.. this stuff is amazing. It is so flavorful and meaty! If you have never tried Cowboy Spaghetti before.. now it the time! Trust me, this one is a husband pleaser!
- 1 pkg (1 lb) spaghetti noodles
- 6 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 Lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Lb deli pastrami, roughly chopped
- 1/3 c. pepperoni, chopped
- 2 Tbsp canned, chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1 small can diced olives
- ½ c. beef broth
- 1 (14 oz) can fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onions (chopped)
- Heat a large deep skillet to medium-high heat. Add bacon and fry until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. In the same skillet add ground beef. When beef is browned stir in onions and garlic. Season with salt, pepper, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in bacon, pastrami, pepperoni, jalapeno, mushrooms and olives. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth and cook for an additional 5 minutes or so. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cover and reduce heat to low (at this point you can also throw everything in a crock pot and cook on low heat for a few hours. If it gets too thick, add another can of fire roasted tomatoes and a little more beef broth). Prepare spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles well, add to meat sauce, and toss it all together (or you can serve with the sauce over the top). Top with sharp cheddar cheese and green onions.