This Spaghetti Carbonara is a simple, traditional Italian recipe. With bacon, garlic, and fresh Parmesan cheese, it is full of flavor!
This is yet another dish that comes from my amazing brother-in-law, Nick (the Italian cuisine master). You might recall seeing his name attached to the delicious Nick’s Authentic Italian Spaghetti in another post. Nick lived in Italy for a couple years and brought back some awesome recipes, including this recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara! This is a very traditional Italian recipe — very simple and easy but FULL of flavor. This stuff is the REAL DEAL. We devoured it! Thanks for sharing with us Nick!
Make an Italian Feast
When it comes to amazing Italian dishes, there is no shortage of recipes that really get our mouths watering. If you’re looking for something light, check out our Easy Italian Pasta Salad or our Zesty Italian Lunch Wrap. Both are packed with flavor but are light enough to suffice for lunch, or a quick and delicious summery dinner.
Perhaps you’re more interested in a full Italian feast, something filling and a spread you can share. Try our Italian Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, served with Cheesy Italian Bread and One Pan Chicken and Italian Style Veggies on the side.
No matter which way you choose to go, you won’t be sorry. Italian food has a way of drawing people in and making them feel at home. There is just something about walking in the door and noting the aroma of Italian seasoning, tomatoes, garlic and bread mingling in the air. Geez! Is it dinner time yet? We’re getting hungry just thinking about all these options!
How To Make Spaghetti Carbonara
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a large skillet. When bacon is cooked and slightly crispy, remove from skillet and drain all but about 3-4 tablespoons of the remaining bacon grease from the skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Return skillet to stovetop and reduce heat to low. Stir in garlic and heat until garlic becomes golden brown and fragrant.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and pepper. Stir in about 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese to the egg mixture.
- Using tongs, take pasta directly from pasta water to the skillet. DO NOT DRAIN and DO NOT DISCARD PASTA WATER. Keep skillet on low heat.
- Add crumbled bacon, egg mixture, and remaining Parmesan to pasta. Toss together until everything is mixed together.
- If the pasta becomes too dry, spoon in some of the pasta water a little at a time. Garnish with chopped green onion, red pepper flakes or extra Parmesan to taste.