One pan chicken and veggies is an easy meal for those busy nights. A Caprese style chicken with herb roasted potatoes and broccoli all on one sheet pan!
You can have a fancy Italian-style dinner on the table in about 40 minutes with this easy One Pan Chicken and Veggies. Everything is cooked all on one sheet pan so there is very little clean up. Oh and did I mention the flavor is incredible?
HemisFares 100% Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
This olive oil is as pure as they come. The olives in the HemisFares olive oil are actually GROWN in Italy (and have been for over 100 years). They are pressed within 8 hours of being picked, which helps them keep their full, rich flavor. Trust me, you will be able to taste the difference and once you try the HemisFares Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil you will never go back to whatever you were using before. You will actually be able to appreciate a GOOD olive oil for what is SHOULD be.
Subtitutions and Additions:
This recipe is SO versatile and veggies can easily be added to your liking. Try it with zucchini, green beans, Brussels sprouts, or even just extra potatoes. It is even wonderful with sliced cherry tomatoes. You can roast the tomatoes and then spoon them over the chicken. Try sprinkling a little parmesan cheese over the potatoes and/or broccoli too (YUM)!
This one pan chicken and veggies is a naturally gluten free meal! No adjustments need to be made at all. It is perfectly GF just the way it is.
For the Balsamic Vinegar:
When choosing a balsamic vinegar to pair with this dish, be sure to pick a quality aged balsamic or balsamic reduction. Many balsamic vinegars at the grocery store claim to be “aged” and “quality” but if you are paying less than $20 for a bottle off the shelf, chances are it’s not going to be that great. If you can’t find any or don’t have any on hand, you can make your own reduction combining 1 c. balsamic vinegar (your typical store-bought shelf kind) and 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar. Bring to a simmer in a medium sauce pan for about 15 minutes or until it becomes syrupy and can coat a spoon. Be sure to open some windows and turn on a fan because the smell will be really strong!
For the Mozzarella Cheese:
For the Mozzarella cheese, just be sure to get REAL Mozzarella cheese. I’m taking about the kind that can’t be shredded. The kind that is soft and has a bit of a wet texture to it. Real Mozzarella just can’t be beat. It melts like a DREAM and tastes SO good, especially on this chicken.
***This post is sponsored by our friends at HemisFares but recipes and opinions are all our own.***
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs (see notes above)
- 3/4 c. marinade (see below)
- 4 red potatoes washed, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 c. broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp HemisFares 100% Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil or to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- mozzarella cheese sliced (see notes above)
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- balsamic vinegar to taste (see notes above)
- fresh basil rolled and chopped
- Whisk marinade ingredients together until well combined.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and pour 3/4 c. of the marinade over the chicken. Set aside remaining marinade.
- Press air out of the bag, seal tightly, and marinate at least 15 minutes (ideally 6-8 hours)
- Preheat oven to 475-degrees.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- Place chicken down the center of the pan in a line (as pictured above)
- Toss diced potatoes in remaining marinade.
- Place potatoes evenly down one side of the pan.
- Place in oven and bake 20 minutes.
- After chicken and potatoes have baked for about 20 minutes, remove pan from oven and add broccoli to pan.
- Drizzle about 2 Tbsp HemisFares olive oil over the broccoli and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top chicken with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes (sprinkling a little salt and pepper over the tomatoes) and place pan back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Top with balsamic vinegar and fresh basil. Serve.