This creamy bowtie & asparagus pasta is ALWAYS a favorite. This pasta was actually originally served to us at our wedding luncheon. It was my wedding day so I didn’t want to stuff my face in front of everyone but I remember thinking that I REALLY wanted to. I pretty much only had a Costco sample-size portion.. but it was enough to know that it was amazing. Everyone was raving over it. People who were at our wedding STILL talk about it. Not even kidding. I still get people coming up to me and telling me how delicious the food was at our wedding. Immediately after the wedding I contacted our caterer and begged her for the recipe so I could make it on my own and fully enjoy it (instead of eating a canary portion)– she was kind enough to share it with me and is allowing us to share it here on Favorite Family Recipes. We have this pasta at our a few times a year, but ALWAYS on or around our anniversary.
We LOVE this stuff! Is it the healthiest pasta? Hmmmm.. no. You can use half-and-half as a substitute for the cream (this is what we usually do and it tastes just as good… but we are able to eat it with a little less guilt). This is a great one for crowds (if doubled or tripled) or or just a small family! 🙂 Tastes great with our Anniversary Paprika Chicken, which was also served at our wedding luncheon and just as delicious (click HERE).
- 1 pkg. bow tie pasta
- 1/2 c. 1 cube butter (the real stuff)
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 pint heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10-15 spears asparagus blanched and cut into pieces
- 1/2 c. bacon crumbled
- 1/2 c. toasted pinenuts or to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Boil bow tie pasta in salted water until al dente. Do NOT over cook.
- In wok or heavy skillet melt butter. Add minced garlic and saute a minute or so.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and bouillon cube(s). When the bouillon cube is dissolved, slowly stir in heavy cream and salt & pepper. Add cooked pasta to cream sauce and toss until pasta is well covered. Add blanched asparagus. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toasted pinenuts, parsley & Parmesan cheese and toss together. Serve immediately.