These Blue Ribbon BBQ Ribs are possibly some of the best ribs I have ever had. They literally fall off the bone and melt in your mouth.
Blue Ribbon BBQ Ribs
These BBQ Ribs remind me a lot of Texas Roadhouse ribs, but better. Smothered in a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, these ribs are super easy to make and taste divine. Our good friend, Jordan, was kind enough to share his recipe with us. He made them for us when we lived in Spokane and I just had to have the recipe, they were so good! They definitely get the “FavFamilyRecipes” blue ribbon because they were simply amazing. Thanks Jordan! These ribs are sure to win first prize at your next family BBQ; everyone will love the sweet sauce and won’t be able to stop licking their messy fingers. You will love how easy these are to make and how fast these disappear!
Steps to Making Perfect BBQ Ribs
- Start by cooking a rack of baby back pork ribs in a Crock Pot. You may have to cut them up to make them all fit. The key words here are LOW and SLOW. Let those babies simmer until they’re tender and juicy.
- Next, take the ribs outside to the grill in order to give them that desired crisp texture and layers and layers of sweet BBQ sauce.
- If you cook the ribs directly over the grill the whole time, they tend to dry out and stick to the bone, but if you slow cook them first, they stay nice and juicy and fall off the bone. You still want to finish with the grilling to get that caramelized crispy BBQ layer on the outside.
- We absolutely LOVE Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce for this recipe. It has the perfect combination of sweet and spicy and cooks beautifully onto your ribs. Feel free to use your favorite barbecue sauce, but if you’re looking for a good one, we highly recommend Sweet Baby Ray’s.
What to Serve with Ribs
These ribs are great with our yummy BBQ side dishes. There are all types of yummy salads that are our favorites for summer BBQ’s and get togethers. You can find our whole collection of them HERE or try some of our all time favorites:
- Traditional Macaroni Salad
- Homestyle Potato Salad
- Blueberry Jello Salad
- Crock Pot BBQ Baked Beans
- KFC Coleslaw Copycat
- Grilled Ranch Potatoes in Foil
You don’t have to take our word for it. These BBQ ribs get rave reviews from everyone who tries them.
“As you say in your very first sentence, these are some of the best ribs I have ever had. The meat really does literally fall off the bone! We cooked it for our family this weekend and everyone was ravving about it! I’ve shared this recipe with numerous people! I love the ease of it from cooking in the crockpot, but the taste is the best!!! Thank you for adding this recipe to our list of favorites!!!!” – Amy
“Oh my gosh!! amazing Ribs! Seriously even better than a restaurant! They were so yummy, falling off the bone tender and sticky on the outside. Thank you for another awesome recipe and making me look good! I rubbed the ribs with a sweet smoky chipotle rub and that added to the deliciousness.” – Rachelle
How to Make Blue Ribbon BBQ Ribs
- Rub ribs with seasoning and place in large crock pot. You will need to cut them so they fit.
- Pour in water and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Ribs should be cooked through and they are already starting to fall off the bone.
- Combine barbecue sauce, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in medium-sized bowl.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place 2-3 ribs sections on at a time.
- Use a basting brush to coat each section thoroughly with sauce.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Continue basting with sauce.
- Place finished ribs on upper rack of grill to keep warm and to keep getting that smokey flavor while you are grilling the other ribs. Serve hot with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill