This Grilled Corn Salad is a delicious summer salad that you can whip up any day of the week! Juicy corn, fresh veggies, and a little spice come together for a yummy dish!
Salads are the perfect summer supper! Try this Classic Cobb Salad or this gorgeous Caprese Salad with Cherry Tomatoes on a hot summer night when you just can’t face cooking on the stove.
Grilled Corn Salad
Grilled corn on the cob is one of my favorite summer foods. This salad takes my favorite summer food and adds a bunch of other delicious flavors and textures. This recipe really takes summer corn to the next level. The jalapeno adds a spicy little kick, but the creaminess of the avocado and the rich cotija cheese balances it out. This salad is great to bring to potlucks or barbecues. It goes great with burgers, steaks, fish, and more! You can also serve it as a main course for a deliciously light summer supper. If you are looking for a good grilled corn recipe to use as a base, definitely try out our Cilantro Lime Grilled Corn.
Ingredients for this Zesty Salad
- Corn – First and foremost, you’ll need some corn! I like to grill the corn on the cob and then cut off the kernels. However you can use frozen corn kernels and grill them over high heat in a cast iron skillet for that smoky grilled flavor if you don’t have any corn on the cob.
- Avocados – make sure they’re ripe but not brown
- Cilantro – this herb brings a unique flavor to the recipe
- Cherry tomatoes – these are bright, flavorful and add beautiful color to the dish.
- Jalapeno – a little goes a long way, so add more or less depending on how spicy you like things
- Red onion – the sharp flavor of this onion will enhance the entire dish and adds beautiful color too.
- Cotija cheese – this cheese is crumbly, slightly salty and pairs perfectly with the corn.
- For the dressing, use good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Lime juice – for added flavor add a little lime zest too.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Additions and Substitutions for this Corn Salad
This delightful corn salad can be dressed up or down depending on what ingredients you have on hand. Salads are the perfect place to dice, chop and get rid of any vegetables you have lying around in the fridge! Here are some things you can add for an even more delicious salad:
- Fresh cucumber, diced or sliced
- Green or Red bell pepper
- Lemons or limes – Add a splash or lemon or lime juice and about a teaspoon of lime zest
- Feta cheese – it’s a good substitute for cotija cheese.
- Garnish the top of the salad with any fresh herbs you have on hand.
- First you want to take your grilled corn cobs and cut the kernels off. Make sure to use a very sharp knife.
- Next, add your corn and all the other ingredients into a large bowl. This recipe is great because you can omit any ingredients that you aren’t crazy about and it won’t change the heart of the recipe.
- Mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. This just gives all the flavors a change to combine.
Other Corn Dishes You Will Love
If you love corn as much as I do, try some of our other favorite corn recipes!
How to Make Grilled Corn Salad
Grilled Corn Salad
- Cut the corn off of the cob and place it in a large bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve, at least 30 minutes.