This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Sweet Pork Baked Burritos you can get on the table in no time! Shredded sweet pork burritos served enchilada style in portions perfect for family dinner.
Sweet Pork Baked Burritos
If you are a follower of our blog, you have probably figured out that we love Cafe Rio / Costa Vida. Thousands of you have tried our Cafe Rio recipes with great success and have left wonderful comments for us —thank you! The only complaint we really ever get about the burritos is that they can be a little time-consuming. We hear ya loud and clear! We understand sometimes you want Cafe Rio sweet pork burritos but don’t want to spend a lot of the day in the kitchen.
This is a recipe that we have come up with that still has all the great flavors of Cafe Rio. However, it is much simpler and much more family-friendly. In the time you can make your typical casserole pan of enchiladas, you can make these. Don’t get me wrong, I love the traditional way of making them. There is something about having your own huge burrito in a tin serving dish, but time is usually of the essence. The name of the dinner game is just to get it on the table quickly and efficiently with minimal clean-up, which this recipe does!
What To Serve on the Side?
We have some great side dish options to go along with these baked burritos. A nice green salad is always a good pairing with burritos. It adds some crunch and some color to your plate. We also love serving our Cheater Restaurant Style Refried Beans and Restaurant Style Mexican Rice with all of our Mexican dishes. Of course, you can never go wrong with adding chips and homemade salsa to the mix.
Love Cafe Rio?
It used to be Cafe Rio was known only in the west, but it’s popularity has really spread over the past several years. If you’ve eaten there, you know why. Their food is amazing! After enjoying their delicious food, we moved to a city that didn’t have a Cafe Rio. It was a sad day. I went to work to create copycat recipes so we could still enjoy the Cafe Rio flavors at home. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Cafe Rio Ranch Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans
- Cafe Rio Tortilla Soup
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad
Sweet Pork Baked Burritos
- 9×13 inch pan
Cilantro Lime Rice
For the Shredded Pork
- Sear pork on all sides until browned. Place pork in slow cooker with Coke, brown sugar, and enchilada sauce. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender and shreds easily. Shred pork, place back in crock pot and set aside.
For the Cilantro Lime Rice
- In the meantime, place rice, chicken broth, lime, garlic and cilantro in a rice cooker and cook until done (you can also do this on the stove following rice package instructions).
For the Burritos
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Pour about ¾ cup of the green enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9×13 glass pan and spread evenly.
- In each flour tortilla shell, place about ¼ cup shredded pork, scoop of rice (to taste), scoop of black beans (lightly drained, to taste), about 2-3 tablespoons of green enchilada sauce, and a sprinkle of cheese (to taste). Place burritos along the bottom of the prepared 9×13 pan.
- Pour remaining green enchilada sauce evenly over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with any extra remaining rice and beans.