Cream Cheese Wontons are the perfect appetizer. You will love these crunchy wontons with or without hot crab filling. Enjoy them dipped in a sweet and sour sauce.
Cream Cheese Wontons
In short, I LOVE these cream cheese wontons! They have a crispy exterior that gives a nice crunch when you sink your teeth into, then on the inside is all that yummy cream cheese goodness.
Where can I find wonton wrappers?
You can find the pre-made wonton wrappers at pretty much any grocery store, near the produce section in a refrigerated section. Look close to wear the fancy cheeses or the tofu are—or simply ask a grocery store employee for help.
One thing that’s helped me is I often google the package wrapper before I go to the store so that I can have a visual clue of what I’m looking for.
Make Crispy Cream Cheese Wontons With or Without Crabmeat
Other Appetizers to Try:
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves
- Cheesy Italian Bread
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Easy Creamy Corn Dip
How to Make Cream Cheese Wontons
- Put about 1 heaping tsp. of cream cheese in the middle of each wonton wrapper (if you are using crabmeat, mix the crab and cream cheese together before adding to the wonton wrapper).
- Brush egg white (or you can just use water) around the edge of the wrapper and fold over to seal (if you are confused on how to fold it, look on the back of the wonton wrapper package.. it will show you step by step how to do it).
- Fry in oil until golden brown. That's it! Serve with sweet and sour sauce combined with chili paste (or if you are a wimp and don't like it spicy, just serve with sweet and sour sauce).