Microwave Cherry Crunch is a quick, fruity dessert with a buttery, crumbly topping. Made with only FOUR ingredients, it’s perfect for anytime your sweet tooth strikes!
Microwave Cherry Crunch
This Microwave Cherry Crunch is a quick and easy microwave dessert, ideal for any time of the year. It’s especially perfect in the summer when you want a home style treat without having to heat up the house by turning on the oven. Cherry Crunch is also a comforting dessert in colder months for when you want something warm. It’s is similar to a cherry cobbler and tastes scrumptious with a dollop of whipped cream or a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. This simple dessert only takes five minutes to throw together and 15 minutes to cook, so from start to finish you have a warm, rich dessert in 20 minutes. Does it get any easier than that?
Substitutions and Suggestions for Microwave Cherry Crunch
- There are only FOUR ingredients in this simple recipe and you can mix and match any of these ingredients to make all sorts of yummy desserts!
- Substitute any fruit pie filling for the cherries if you prefer. We love blueberry, blackberry, raspberry or apple pie filling.
- If you’ve never used a “Jiffy” cake mix before, as directed in the recipe card below, please note that it comes in a smaller box than a regular cake mix. There’s only about a cup and a half dry cake mix in a Jiffy cake box. It’s the perfect size for this recipe, or if you want to make a dozen cupcakes or an 8×8 cake.
- When making this Cherry Crunch, I use a deep 7 inch square dish. You can also use a deep dish pie pan, an 8×8 cake pan or a small casserole dish.
- For extra crunch, you can add sliced almonds, pecans, or walnuts. Or leave them off if you like.
- You could also add in a few tablespoons of quick cooking oats to the cake mix for added texture.
- Make this in the oven instead! You can bake it at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
More Easy to Make Desserts
Adding dessert to your meal doesn’t mean extra hours in the kitchen. Try some of these super easy and fast dessert recipes and enjoy something sweet even on a busy weeknight!
- Microwave Baked Apples
- Easy Blackberry Cobbler
- Five Minute Microwave Rice Krispie Treats
- Easy Molten Chocolate Cake
- Delicious Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Raspberry Peach Cobbler
How to make Microwave Cherry Crunch
- Pour cherries in a deep dish pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix cake mix, cinnamon, and nuts. Spread evenly over cherries.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place evenly over cake mix.
- Microwave on high for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with whipping cream or ice cream.