This cheesy cauliflower is not your typical bland side dish. This cauliflower is tossed in a sweet, creamy mustard-flavored sauce and then covered with melty cheese. Your children will beg for more vegetables!
This Cheesy Cauliflower Side Dish is so GOOD! Growing up, my mom would make this all the time. Believe it or not, this one is a dish that we kids would all fight over. It’s a rare occasion for any child to clamor for more veggies, so my mom made sure to make this as often as possible.
In fact, my mom would always have to make sure we had exactly equal portions because it would always get polished. We never ever had leftovers!
I’m happy to say that the cheesy cauliflower loving gene was passed down to my own children. Just like I learned from my own mom, I make sure that everyone gets equal portions.
The Health Benefits of Cauliflower
One reason I like to make this so often is because cauliflower has a ton of health benefits. It is high in fiber and B-vitamins, and also has a good amount of choline, which can aid memory and learning in children (and adults!).
This nutrient-dense veggie also has vitamin c, which is a must-have during the winter months or during cold and flu season.
Additionally, this cheesy cauliflower is filled with protein from the cheese, along with antioxidants from the cauliflower. It’s a feel-good dish, all around.
What’s in this dish?
This dish is really simple and easy to make. You likely have most of the ingredients at home already! To make the cheesy cauliflower, all you need is cauliflower, cheese, mustard, sugar, and miracle whip. Like I said, simple!
More Vegetable Dishes:
Want more veggie dishes that you and your children will love? Try these family-approved vegetable dishes.
- The Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- How to Cook Spaghetti Squash – Four Ways
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted potatoes with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
How to Make Cheesy Cauliflower
- Break cauliflower apart into smaller pieces. Steam (or boil) cauliflower and drain well of all excess water.
- In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip (or Mayo), mustard and sugar, mix until sugar is well distributed. Stir Miracle Whip mixture together with cauliflower until all the cauliflower is evenly coated with the mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese (you can put it all in an oven-safe dish in the oven to melt the cheese more or just to keep it warm until ready to serve).