This Avocado Toast with Egg and tomato is a high protein, healthy breakfast. A savory breakfast that will keep your energy up until lunch!
Avocado Toast with Egg
This Avocado Toast with egg and tomato is a high protein, healthy breakfast. A savory breakfast that will keep your energy up until lunch! This Open Face Avocado Egg Sandwich is the perfect way to start your day! With school starting up again this month, quick and easy breakfasts are a must! But even though you are in a hurry in the mornings, you shouldn’t skimp on good nutrition. A healthy breakfast can really keep you feeling full and your mind sharp!
Just Like Mom Used to Say
Anyone else’s mom tell them that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Whether you heard that advice from your mom, a teacher or anyone else, it’s something to keep in mind. If you’re eating breakfast, you need to make sure it is something healthy to kick things off right. Don’t blow this most important meal on something sugary or unsatisfying.
Variations to Try
This delicious egg sandwich is packed with healthy and tasty ingredients and is REALLY simple to throw together. I especially love it with a thick sliced home grown tomato, but you can leave it as just avocado and egg if you aren’t a big tomato fan. Either way is really good! I love my egg cooked over-medium, but you can cook your egg any way you like it.
Also a note on the toast, try to get a good, grainy bread to toast up so that it doesn’t get soggy! I used some whole wheat bread from Great Harvest that worked really well for this recipe. But I have also used a nine grain and other breads that have worked well too.
More Breakfast on the Menu
Looking for more great breakfast ideas? Check out these great breakfast ideas.
- Easy Breakfast Casserole is a show stopper when feeding a crowd. Light, yet filling, easy yet beautiful. It’s perfect.
- The Best Breakfast Burrito Recipe is a great way to start the day. Loaded with all the best breakfast foods, this is a favorite for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Breakfast Monte Cristos are even better than the average Monte Cristo. Adding the fried egg in addition to the ham, turkey and cheese is amazing. Easy to make and so tasty!
How To Make Avocado Toast with Egg
- Remove half an avocado from its shell. Lightly mash it with the lime juice and salt.
- Spread the avocado mash over the toast and top with a tomato and egg. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper, and paprika.